In-Dash DVD/Nav/Ipod/BlueTooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM
HCF Member
Default In-Dash DVD/Nav/Ipod/BlueTooth

Product: Panasonic CQ-VD6505U (Deck), CY-EM100U (Expansion module), CY-BT100U (Bluetooth)
Distributor: Local Shop
Vehicle: 2004 ES1
Cost: With HUGE friend discount $850 installed
Installation: Couple hours by professionals
Rating- ************************************************** ***** (99,999,999 of 100,000,000 stars)

It is fantastic! Crisp screen, very sensitive to the touch so even the smallest buttons (like main menu options on a DVD) can be accessable by someone like me with really big hands. Bluetooth reciever is located right where the rear view mirror is docked to the top of the ceiling making it almost impossible to notice. In-call sound quality is crystal clear and it simply pauses the movie or song until the call is completed.

Cons- The navigation piece still hasn't been shipped to america. And the ipod cable allows access to music instantaneously, however, to play videos you have to take the ipod out of the glove compartment and manually select the movie... this will be inconvenient and dangerous on road trips if i am driving alone. However, you can toggle from music to video from the deck. The last con is that there is no double DIN dock made for the 04-05 that does not require some modification to get the Panasonic face to get in there. This simply makes a slight depression from the face to the panel and then back to the dashboard.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Default RE: In-Dash DVD/Nav/Ipod/BlueTooth

love it, was thinking of a nav system for my car was between yours and a double din almani my friend was going to get me from his shop for 650 but for the price yours is alot better two thumbs up

Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 PM

DUDE im so jealous i had wanted to so the same to my car but i have the 96-98 model civic and our a/c control button are at the bottom not on the side like ur so the only thing i can do is get the one that fold out and pop up something like this

[IMG]local://upfiles/21867/DF35F88EAD994D8D80D3BB75F5D0CFC6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

MAKE IT FIT THEN......
ive seen it done!

have fun reading.LMFAO
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa...p?showtopic=58

Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 PM

fiberglass makes anything fit..

Old 06-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member

NO NO NO..... dont fiberglass anything plastic.... it will just bust off and look like crap!
its liquid plastic is the stuff you wanna use! bonds to plastic, sands like bondo, and flexes alittle so wont crack off easily!
i used it on my trucks custom indash screen i had... stuff worked GREAT! never chiped, never cracked never ANYTHING... and that dash piece on my truck flexs quite a bit!!!

i just wish i had a beter camera back then when i did my trucks dash.LOL
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ewtruck-26.jpg

i gave it the look of a HUGE screen and mounted the video screen behind it. turned out sweet! only problem i had was the textured paint i used bubbled where i didnt sand the rest of the dash smooth after about a year.... but i put the dash back stock preaty much as in that first picture.

http://www.urethanesupply.com/Mercha...Store_Code=URE
2000-CFlex Filler 2 (cartridges)is the stuff to buy along with Filler Prep and Super Clean (aerosol)

if you EVER mold anything thats the stuff to use!!!!! ive used it several times personaly and love the stuff!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

^^^this man is a genius!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 AM

so where did the A/C button go? it look like ur radio is covering it up

Old 07-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya mean in my truck? i simply extended the wires and relocated them inside my ash tray down lower in the dash since i dont smoke i dont need a ash tray

it did look kinda off cause of the dash curving up thier.... BUT just think of what you want and make it

just dont rush it! cause ive seen some HORIBLE dash mods when they tried to use fiberglass

well cant find his pictures now.LOL but it was bad......when the guy preaty much tried what i did with fiberglass..... wasnt blended at all together!

only thing that might be alittle more difficult is if your ac controls use cables.... if they use that youll POSIBLY need new longer cable slides.... but still VERY DOABLE.....
everything else is just cut a wire and extend that wire and reconect....

Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 PM

dude ur like the best when it comes to ANYTHING electronics

Quick Reply: In-Dash DVD/Nav/Ipod/BlueTooth