Kill Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default Kill Switch

FIRST OFF GUESS WHAT THIS PICTURE SHOWS
can you spot it at first glance?

to hard to see... how about a close up

need alittle help? this is complete and ready to drive.

I know this is more of a HUSH HUSH thing that people do... this is why i will not talk about the hard wiring! pick your own wiring splice point or relay configuration of your choice.
now there are so many different ways to go about this so FIRST OFF GET CREATIVE!!!!!!

This is my personal kill switch. ill be ballsy and show you what i used because im really not scared about someone looking on the web about my kill switch plug this could be a false post and i could have some custom wiring at any location and can change my choice of circuit any time i want. i like to be creative also ; )
BUT MOST IMPORTANT i have FULL COVERAGE CAR INSURANCE so if someone does go thru all the trouble to bypass my kill switch go ahead my cars worth more totaled out than i paid for.LOL

OK enough pointless chat.
1st thing to do is pick your choice of kill switch! just because its called a kill switch does not mean it has to be a switch so get creative and think about it. afew ideas ive came up with is a trailer hitch wiring harness, any kinda cars ignition switch W/key, old school car headlight dimmer floor foot switch, and thing that has a plug! extension cord, USB cable, even a bottle cap and pin switch... you get the point get creative! usually a car thieve only carries a screw driver. anything can be made to complete a circuit path!

what did i use????? a old neon transformer box i had laying in a bucket of old electronics ive collected over the years... unsolder the power input plug, spliced the power plug wires to complete the loop.

2nd thing to decide LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION... you want to be able to reach it easy enough from the drivers seat. it may be good to put it under the hood or under the car or even in the trunk BUT the hassle of doing it every time can keep you from doing it every time! and if you forget to pull the bypass well ITS NO GOOD!

where did i mount mine????? drivers rear side trim panel, hole cut thru the panel, backing all scratched up around the area and 5min epoxy to set the switch firmly in place!
reason for doing this is easily reachable at any time! its in a panel that is very hard to pull and get access behind and its very unlikely a thief will pull the rear seat, back seat section and then the trim panel to access the wiring.LOL for a thief SECONDS COUNT!!!!!!!

and heres the pictures of my project i just did today.

ONLY PROBLEM.... well if your friends start fiddling with things in the back of the car and if they pull the key or flip the switch while your driving.LOL

VIDEO BELOW
testing the plug out on the table.

VIDEO BELOW of testing it out in the car.

GET CREATIVE!!!!!!!!! you being creative and not just using a flip switch can save your ride!
if you got an idea WORK WITH IT! ive got less than 5bucks total in this kill switch. from using old wires, old electronic parts and some soldering, and some just a little epoxy.
5bucks and some old parts can actually keep your vehicle safe! IS IT WORTH 5 BUCKS TO YOU and a few hours of work????? my car books about 3,500bucks as a stock turd.LOL
i do not have a alarm installed on it YET. but i feel safe by using this kill circuit now! worst a thief can do now is still the crappy cd player that came with the car.LOL id rather have a busted up car than no car!

you can create your own custom kill circuit yourself!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

yeah, i could tell you a million ways to wire that, ecu kills, starter kills, alternate fuel kills, blah blah etc etc.

nice post to bring this topic up, most people overlook it.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 AM

Nice writeup. Great use of spare parts to save money.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yes spare parts rule.LOL i was going to just use the regular switch BUT then i thought a switch is useless if they find the switch!!!!!! it only takes a simple flick and your cars really gone.

but with something custom that can be unplugged like a key its great protection! its really very easy if you get creative! this was the first thing i found and since it was small it worked great! the hole just looks like something used to go there a thief will never know why the car wont start.LOL they can try to push start it all they want!!!!! unless they have a trailer it ain't going no where!
and best part of all if i wanted to i could probably leave that piece in that same pocket and the thief wouldn't look at it twice.LOL

hopefully this DIY will give some people some ideas to protect there ride dirt cheap!