Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2006 Civic sound system specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Default 2006 Civic sound system specs

Hi all, great site! Looking to upgrade the sound system in the car I bought for my daughter. Its an 06 EX sedan (no navigation). I have a few questions, and any replies would be greatly appreciated. So far I have purchased some polk db's for the front door and rear deck.

1) Does the factory HU have any pre-amp outs or sub outs?
2) What is the RMS/channel of the factory unit?
3) Is there a factory amp anywhere in the system?
4) With the polk 2 ways, should I disconnect the factory tweeters in the dash for best sound?
and finally, I am considering either an infinity basslink or just an amp to help power the new speakers, for the time being and adding on the other at a later date.

Long post, but open for opinions.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2006 Civic sound system specs

if you need equipment recommendations let me know

1) Does the factory HU have any preamp outs or sub outs?

no it doesn't , if your going to keep the stock head unit and hook up a amp you'll need a LOC ( line out converter )

2) What is the RMS/channel of the factory unit?

the actual wattage that the speaker sees is 15 watts a piece , they rated higher but ohms law wont allow it

3) Is there a factory amp anywhere in the system?

if it has a premium 7 speaker system then yes it does its behind the radio , if it doesn't have the 7 speaker system then the amp is in the radio

4) With the Polk 2 ways, should I disconnect the factory tweeters in the dash for best sound?

no , the car is still new and that means so are your tweeters leave them in there for more highs

and finally, I am considering either an infinity bass link or just an amp to help power the new speakers, for the time being and adding on the other at a later date.

the bass link is a sub woofer with a built in amp , so if you want to get more bass out of it ( more then the Honda speakers offer ) then yes the bass link is great , you can also buy a bass link that has a 4 channel preout so you can power 4 additional speakers , that would work good

if you don't want any bass and just clearer sound then a 4 channel amp would work good

Old 12-20-2006, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

now THAT was a decent reply...

Old 12-23-2006, 08:14 AM

Dukat03,
Thanks for the great reply! I've ordered the basslink, and based on the reviews, it should do a good job for her.
Now if I can just figure out how to get the door panels and rear deck off without destroying the car (or anything within throwing distance) I'll be all set!

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2006, 02:55 AM
HCF Member

i have a professional break down sheet for the car that will walk you through step by step disassemble procedures i will have access to them tomorrow and i will post them