Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

car heater stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 PM
HCF Member
Default car heater stopped working

My car heater just stopped working all of a sudden. it was just working yesterday but today when i tried to turn it on it didn't work. the fan and everything still works it just doesn't blow out warm/hot air. Its all cold air. I didn't install anything new to my car or anything so i dont know why it stopped working. any idea?

Old 03-08-2009, 11:52 PM

Under the dash (passenger side) there is the mechanism that controls the temperature. There is a cable down there and it has a peg that it goes on. Most likely, the cable has come off the peg. Just look under the dash and look for a cable just hanging there not attached to anything. Then look for the peg it goes on.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dito... theres 2 cables one that goes from the controls to the heater box, where you can simply look under the dash in the middle on the passenger side and simply slide the heater controls back and forth if the cables moves the linkages then its not that cable,
if it does not move any linkages... check if the cable is on the linkages or if the cables doesnt move any it might have broken either in the cable shielding or came off the heater controls itself or also broke off there.

but if the linkages are fine then have a friend play with the controls and you get under the hood on the firewall andmake sure that linkage is moving freely back and forth as well. thats your main valve inline with the heater hose. if it doesnt move it blocks all your heat....it could have also just poped off or cable broken.

sorry no pictures of the valve under the hood. none of my pictures are clear enough to see it. simply follow the heater hose its only about 4-6inches away from the firewall cannt miss it.

Last edited by addiction2bass; 03-09-2009 at 04:11 AM.