Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

door/key beeper

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 05:57 AM
Default door/key beeper

new here. nice site! does anyone know how to remove or turn off the beeper that beeps when door is open and keys are in ignition??? very, very annoying! i looked at a wiring diagram but that was way too much for my head to translate. i was hoping someone else had same problem and just pulled off a beeper unit or fuse. thanx for any input.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:59 AM
Default RE: door/key beeper

forgot. it is a 95' civic DX.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

just put the keys in and while its beeping stick your head under the dash till you find the buzzer and yank it out by its annoying litttle throat!!! Thats what I would do!!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

trust me thats imposible.LMFAO

i tried for the longest time!!!!!!!!! i cannt find that dam beeper!!!!!!!!

i wanna disable mine as well!!!!!!!!!

it gets realy anoying...
but no one knows where it is i asked awhile ago as well with no results

just people saying take the keys outta the ignition.... but i park in my garage so always leave the keys in the car....

one thing ive thought about doing is just rewiring my overhead dome light and cutting the wires on the factory door pins and just conecting those to my alarm system for security reasons of course..... as well as wired to the dome light.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:44 AM

i did try putting my head under to locate it, but i could'nt find exactly where it was. sounds like it is behind the fuse panel. i just don't want to start yannking wires and fuses though. maybe i'll stop by a Honda dealer and ask a tech there. thanks for the help.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

I figured it out.

I have a 93 Civic EX if it makes any difference.

At first I had just pulled the fuse for that circut but then when I opened the doors no light would come on so I had to work around that.

Anyway, I looked around under the dash (which I had to lay very awkwardly across the floor being the big guy I am), and I started unplugging wire packs until I found the one that made it quit beeping. It seemedto be a black rectangular box. I can try goget a pic if anyone would like. Well, I unplugged it but then when I opened a door no light would come on. So I looked in the book at the wiring diagram where it showed the buzzer circut with a blue and white wire (I think). There were two blue and white wires, a small one and a big one. I cut the SMALLblue and white one and BOOYAH (!!!) no more buzzer. I looked up at the dome light and it was on! I hope this helps anyone that wants to do this.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

i actually wanna plug mine back in lol i bought the car with it unplugged and i love the sound cuz it reminds me of my old si (r.i.p) but ya get sum pics up so i can get mine working lol ...