Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Found out why my headlights weren't working...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Default Found out why my headlights weren't working...

My low beams stopped working on my 01 civic HX. Apparently a common problem with these cars. Got some advice from some people, did a little Googling and found out that a lot of the time it can be a bad light switch. So I go buy myself a new light switch and found out the REAL REASON why my headlights weren't working properly.

How much would it cost for me to get this fixed? A diagnostic also said I had a wiring/connection problem.
UPDATE: Just installed the new switch and the low beams seem to be working for now, but I don't know how long that's going to last.

Name:  k7bd6Kkh.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  64.0 KB

Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 AM

I would be more worried that if you replace the connector, that it will melt again. I had a friend who kept having headlight issues and the connector kept melting, replaced the bulb and no more problems.

As far as a solution, you can probably find someone selling a connector on eBay that you can splice in.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Went out and bought new bulbs just incase. Thanks

Old 06-03-2016, 07:21 PM

so thats the connector that goes to the switch for the headlights because i have a 2002 acura el day time running lights work whne i flick the switch the high beams work but not the lights when you switch at the last click of the switch i owned a em2 never had a problem with lights this is the first time but acura honda same thing diagrams are the same on my OnDemand but worth a check i was gonna buy a switch but this is some good evidence