Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

got my 115V plugs installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Default got my 115V plugs installed.

Just installed 2 115v plugs in my car, i used a 300w inverter with 10Ga wire connected to the battery, the inverter is under the center console at the very front.

Here's the pics, i never thoguht to take install pics... sorry

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3049153/4

This is where the inverter is, behind the plastic

Pics of the plugs and switch to disable/reset the plugs

Another pic of the plugs

And a pic fromt eh passenger's point of view, showing that the switch is pretty much not visible from that angle.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: got my 115V plugs installed.

That is such a good idea! Looks sweet too - not a hack job. Good job, what are you going to use the plugs for other than just to have?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: chunkbird

That is such a good idea! Looks sweet too - not a hack job. Good job, what are you going to use the plugs for other than just to have?
the install cost em about $40, it will pay for itsself by me not having yo buy extra phone chargers for my phones (one of mine one of my wife)... also i liek it to use for my laptop and stuff on long drives, or run my kid's dvd player, or charge stuff when the car is off (since it's constant power and the cig lighters are not) there are tons of uses i have them in my other car and they have come in hand on several occasions, but i must admit the install on my other car is not nearly as clean as this one.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

That does look amazing....

i might do somthing like that since i have a few inverters just laying arround...

Old 04-28-2008, 04:37 PM
HCF Member

That looks great man! Really clean.
Great job!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i like it BUT IMO i would have put it on the back of the center console in the back seat.
but thats just IMO....

looks good tho! very clean.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

I'm sure you could have put those anywhere. I actually plan to put switches in those spots for my fire department lights on my Civic of the same year.

Do you have any pictures of the 'in process' like with everything apart? It looks awesome all done I'd love to see how you did it!

EDIT:

Just re read your original post, sorry it's late. So i see you have no in process pictures. So my question is how difficult is it to remove that console?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 AM

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

I'm sure you could have put those anywhere. I actually plan to put switches in those spots for my fire department lights on my Civic of the same year.

Do you have any pictures of the 'in process' like with everything apart? It looks awesome all done I'd love to see how you did it!

EDIT:

Just re read your original post, sorry it's late. So i see you have no in process pictures. So my question is how difficult is it to remove that console?
it's very simple to remove the center console, the one thing that made it difficult for me though is that there's a screw inside the center console unde rthe mat at the bottom, i didn't realize the mat was removable so i pulled on the damn thing for 15 minutes before realizing.

But basically it's really simple, pop off the shifter surround peice, just held on with clips
unscre the 2 screws for the cig lighter panel, pop that off, bunch more clips
pull out the 2 clips at the front neaar your feet (as seen in my first picture) these clips will probably break, but it's no big deal, they're not necessary
there are 2 screws near the shifter that you need to take out
then there's the 1 screw in the center console
and 4 more screws on the back sides of the console on the outside, usually hidden by the seats
pop out the ebrake cover thing (just a tiny piece that makes toomf or the ebrake to come through the plastic) make sure the ebrake is on, lift up and back, done

That may not be entirely accurate, i am just going by memory and this was 2 weeks ago