Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Subwoofer Under Back Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:53 AM
HCF Member
Default Subwoofer Under Back Seat

Has anyone ever put a subwoofer under their back seat? It would save ALOT of space, but im not sure whats under the back seat. I've lifted my cushion up and looked under it and i just see its metal under there, but whats under that? Is it possible to put a sub under there? I think i could figure out the wiring and stuff, but is there thingsi cant mess with underneath the metal under the back seat? Anyone ever tried/done this?

Old 10-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Subwoofer Under Back Seat

im pretty sure thats the gas tank so don't be drillin before u find out.. cause i know the wire that is in there is for the fuel pump. i don't think its possible why don't u build on in the spare tire well and counter sink it so u can but a board over it to put things on top..

Old 10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
mxs
HCF Member

that's definitely your fuel tank.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, it's perfect though... just use your gas tank as a box. It's already ported and everything, just open your gas cap. Then you can get a fuel cell and put it in your trunk. Wait, then space saving is gone... do it anyways.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

lol alright well does anyone know how the quality of the the sound with the in-floor subwoofer such at this https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_208570/tm.htm is compared to a fairly normal subwoofer set-up such as mine right now: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=1

Old 10-20-2006, 01:36 PM
HCF Member

You could always just get an Infinity Basslink II if you're hurting for space.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

my only issue with doing a spare tire box is the sub firing direction.... firing any sub upwards will give you maximum trunk rattling with less bass.LOL

if ya dont wanna take up much space then id say buy smaller sub or subs that use small box space...
if ya do 2 10s heres an idea...
pull your trunk carpet out on the sides and build a box to go as far back as posible and build the box kinda like a triangle shape so the subs would fire back inwards and towards the front.. kinda like my side panels i built... BUT they would be the whole box and just angle it back as far as you can at that angle....

they are only slightly angled....

something like that....
i think thiers quite a bit of room for a nice box for a 10s one on each side.
that would use the least ammount of space...
you could even notch the one side braces and be able to make the box alittle larger... JUST be sure to brace the metal around the uncut pieces OR when you build the box you could also just use some angle iron around the side of the box and screw the angle iron to the side panels... which would brace the steel as good as stock and also brace the box so it wont move as well you would also want to brace the box to the floor as well.... then just carpet the boxes to somewhat match and then you got yourself 2 nice boxs....... tucked away leaving you lots of space in the trunk and also still alowing you to keep your spare tire where its at

what ya think?
i just came up with the idea.LOL
tho my sub need to much room to do that.LOL

tho a 10inch sub on each side would be realy nice! depending on what model subs you get of course....

Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 PM

That sub in the spare tire comp looks cool........but wait till a gallon of milk goes flying around and lands right on top of that sub

Old 10-22-2006, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jimijam

That sub in the spare tire comp looks cool........but wait till a gallon of milk goes flying around and lands right on top of that sub
lol i know. But i think if you put another piece of plywood on top of the sub (with a hole in cut in it of course), the sub would be sunk into it, and then you could put a grill over that.

Yeah addiction thats a good idea, i only have one 12" and i like it, so idk what im gonna do. I got an idea though [8D] The box i have used to be for 2 10"s. This is what it looks like on the inside: Name:  Box.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  305.4 KB

As you can tell from the drawing my box is divided into two sections. (One for each 10") I covered the left side hole with my amp and just made the right side hole bigger to fit my 12" in and used the same box. I'm thinking if i just cut off the whole left side of the box right where the divider is, I'd still have the same size box as before and i could just mount my amp on the back of the box where nobody could see it. That way i could pull my back seats down and put big stuff in the trunk still.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:50 PM

Here is what I did in my 92 dx doesn't move at all and still have plenty of room in the trunk

[IMG]local://upfiles/13146/17091453EDF44056B1DCF56F33BCD22C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Under Back Seat