Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Need help with my 06 honda civic please

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Exclamation Need help with my 06 honda civic please

Ok so here is the deal. I had a long Ram horn air intake in my lovely 06 honda civic of ex trim. I bought it used with 50k miles about 2 yrs ago. last week I was driving it down the free way it was raining really hard and all of a sudden my check engine light [popped out and the speed reduced dramatically. i thought it was a problem with the transmission and was about to **** my pants. So i turned on the hazards and pulled on the side. Turned the car off and called a bunch of my friends in hopes of some useful advice but no luck. Then I restarted my car and it did. So no hydro lock thank GOD!! I drove down the freeway but the car wasn't going anywhere above 21mph. I drove like this for abt 4 miles. At work there was this mechanic who claimed he could help me and i let him work on the car. to my amusement. he cut the intake and shortened it bringing it from the bumper to the engine. I thanked him and gave him the promised $100. Then my check engine light went off. That night the check engine light came back on. I didn't have a clue why. The next day took it to the autozone and the dude told me that the MASS airflow sensor was not working, at least the codes said so. Turns out that ****ing mechanic ran away with the sensor.