Chop Shop Tutorials DIYs for use in photoshop, gimp, etc.

DIY: How to shave your car via photoshop

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot
Default DIY: How to shave your car via photoshop

OK so you want to shave your door handle or gas tank cap? here is how. Sorry its short and sweet but i need a shower haha.

ok select the smudge tool

using a soft tip brush, CAREFULLY smudge out the main parts, i caps lock carefully because this can potentially make your image look like **** because your re-aranging the pixles in the image and if your working with somethign with a glare or shadow, it might be better to use the next method.

after you got most of the part gone, use a larger brush with a low smudge rating with you can adjust at the top, i typically use 33 for the final blending. now just click and vibrate your hand back and forth on the mouse so its not moving too far, but its going left and right. This is going to blend the darks with the lights and make them look like their suppost to be there. after you done, zoom out and look at the final view!

Tip: This isnt the best method but its the quickest and i find that it helps do the job, ALSO make sure to zoom in while working that way when you zoom out, small errors might go unnoticed

Completed image!

SECOND METHOD

use the clone tool. this tool can be tricky if working in small areas or areas with alot of curves because basicly its like a copy paste tool. select the clone tool. press ALT and click an area near the part you want to erase. now just go over the area with the tool like you were using a paintbrush. now use the blur tool that you should now be familiar with at a low blur and blend the colors.

Tip: you will find what method works best and when. it takes practice. when your bored, just pick a random car and try to eco-mod it by shaving everything and molding the fenders to the body, mold the hood closed, just stuff like that and you will get better..

heres my final using this method

practice makes perfect. not open up adobe photoshop and practice, and when you get good, help out other members by photoshopping ther cars and making sigs for them, and post up your own photoshop techniques!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:08 PM

your final pic I assume is the wrong URL, it still has the gas lid. proofread too... in your last paragraph "not" should be "now".

Good how-to though, should make a good chop-shop sticky

Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

yeah, the first method should be last, and vice versa