Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Best place/how to get replacement buttons

Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Default Best place/how to get replacement buttons

I just purchased a 2007 Civic EX Coupe, and I'm loving it. However, I'm trying to make it look less...used. Obviously, I need to put a ton of elbow grease into it and clean the hell out of it. However, I noticed a few things that are beyond elbow grease treatment. Specifically, my attention is constantly drawn to the worn appearance of the steering wheel volume/audio buttons. I've included a couple of pictures to showcase the issue. It looks like the previous owner did nothing but turn his music up and down while he drove. Regardless, it looks nasty imo. To the question... Where can I find replacement buttons? I included a link to the best result of my search just so you know I did do some serious looking. But I don't need the whole damn wiring and whatnot. I just need the plastic buttons (unless of course that's the only way to replace the buttons). If I do need to scavenge at a salvage yard, any tips on how to pop the buttons off without damaging anything? The same wear is evident on the shifter as well. The grey surface is worn down to the white plastic base. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry about being long-winded, but I despise the posts on here that are vague as hell.

Attached Thumbnails Best place/how to get replacement buttons-img_0074.jpg   Best place/how to get replacement buttons-buttons.jpg  

Last edited by Scheffy; 08-19-2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Adding pic
Old 08-21-2013, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

number #2 here
Honda Automotive Parts
number #2 here
Honda Automotive Parts
also there is a massive after market for shift ***** your definitely not limited to the dreary stock ****
Interior » Shift ***** - THMotorsports - Discount Performance Car & Truck Parts Sale | Lowest Price | Free Shipping

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 08-21-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 AM
HCF Member

hondaautomotiveparts.com.

For the shifter you could take it off and spray paint it. Or even buy an aftermarket shift ****.