ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

O2 sensor Fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Default RE: O2 sensor Fuse?

Or you can call your local Honda dealership and give them your VIN# and they can check to see if your car is part of the bulletin...

Bulletin #99-029

Or google it, see what you find...

Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the info. I got a complete new 02 sensor wire off of ebay that I am going to splice in when it comes in the mail. In the meantime I will check the #15 fuse and check the wiring you mentioned. I will let you guys know if the problem is solved.
Thanks!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

Ok, so I got the complete interior wiring harness in that I bought from ebay from a 96-98 EX.
On the end of plugs where it goes down to the 02 sensor thru the floor there is blk white stripe with silver spots wire, white with red stripe wire, green with white stripe and silver spots wire and black with white stripe and brown little spots. Which is the same as my old one. Then when I cut it back a couple feet and when it goes into a bunch of wires al the wires are the same except for the white w red stripe, which has a grey jacket with another wire.

My problem is that I can't find the black w/ white stripes and silver spots wire in my current wiring to hook it up? So basically I have a dead wire that is suppose to go the rear 02 sensor. Any thoughts?

Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 PM

I'm sorry man, I read it about 10 times and I'm lost. The small spots on the wires are irrelevant. Just the wire color and stripe color will do. Send your email address...

ian@nw-performance.com

Old 08-31-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by NorthWestPerformance
First of all, just because the code is most likely a P0141(secondary O2 sensor), doesn't mean the sensor itself is the problem. ECU's are not that smart....yet. All that means is there is a problem somewhere in that circuit, or connecting circuits....such as wiring, ecu, connector pins, sensors. So when customers bring their car to me, and say "can't you just hook up that scanner thingy and see what it is"....it's never that easy. I would take the code and print out a diagnostic procedure(sometimes 15 pages long) and go through it all to trace down the problem. So don't let AutoZone try to sell you parts after they read the codes, they don't know what's wrong, the code doesn't tell you what's wrong, it just gives you a place to start your diagnosis. Ending rant...sorry... AutoZone is only good for chrome valve stem caps, and maybe some tire shine...

Anyways, check fuse #15 under the dash. Then get under the car and look directly over the oil filter on the back of the motor. You will see a couple big connectors with lots of wiring. Check the wires very closely as they tend to rub on the bottom of the intake manifold and short out the rear O2 causing fuse #15 to blow and CEL to come on setting that exact same code, as well as others in other cases. Actually, I think Honda came out with a bulletin on this problem, yes it is THAT common. I've seen at least 12-15 of these same problems.

Im interested to see if you have the same problem...

Hello, I apologize for replying to an older thread. But noticed that you are describing my issue. In my case, when chasing the Secondary o2 wiring in my 99 civic. I can see that the blk/wht power wire that recieves 12v from fuse 15 7.5A is melted and has the copper wire exposed. I noticed that fuse 15 covers multiple sensors so that being said. My question is do I want to continue tracing the wire to the fues box by removing the dash? Or is there another connector where all sensors drawing from fuse 15 come togethr that I should inspect?