EG Swaps 1992-1995 Civics

Suggestions, Advice,& Smart A$$ Remarks Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Default Suggestions, Advice,& Smart A$$ Remarks Wanted

Alright, I'm new to the forum, and pretty new to cars.... Still have problems changing oil in my dad's G35. Anyway, I have a 1995 Ex, at first I was just going to get the stock engine rebuilt, and machined out so on- so forth, but I got looking at engine swaps, and found a place where I can get what I need and want. I was thinking about the B16 engine, but found out there are more forms of that also... My car is automatic, I would like to have a stick- I was wondering if anyone that has done this or is just a guru at these kind of things could tell me what I'm looking at here. What all do I need for the swap- What do I need to buy ontop of the engine, what engine should I get, Should I go manual, am I going to need to have the B16 turbo safety proofed, or is it fine by itself, how much boost can I run into it? Also about Hondata- Read they can only reflash manual transmission ECUs, I read with a swap and a turbo I NEED to get it reflashed or another form of calibration for it. Again I'm new to it all- and need some help[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Thanks...

Old 07-17-2006, 04:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Suggestions, Advice,& Smart A$$ Remarks Wanted

The search feature is your friend. Most of the stuff you are asking about has already been discussed to great length on the forum. If still have questions after you read some old threads then feel free to ask. I will tell you at Honda auto transmissions are not the best and won't handle lots of power.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:43 AM

Okay... so we have a 95 ex 4door or 2 door?.. you might think twice about doing what your doing.. because once the car is auto changing it to a stick is hard.. not saying it cant be done.. you just have to start by the clutch pedal, clutch pedal brakcet, clutch master cylinder, then the brake lines for the cluth, remove the brake pedal and replace it with the manual brake pedal, then remove the auto shifter, remove the auto floor consul, replace with manual... I can can go on and on but i hope by now you catch the drift, being a noob that you are by another EG series with a stick so you can save your self money and also a headache and fustration.. But i do say good luck..

Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 AM

I have to agree with Killa. swapping an engine is one thing, difficult as it is, it is work. But add in the complexity of converting your civic from auto to manual is tooooo much work!!

I think if you want a stick, you sell your auto to someone that wants an auto, and buy yourself a stick ( or hell for the same amount of money I bought my Civic for, I could have bought a Already swapped civic from ebay, just look at all the swap'd civics on there, its crazy.)

I should save my own butt the work of swapping a motor myself, but I just am too damned stubborn, I want bragging rights!!!!