EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

98 ex b18b swap

Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 AM
HCF Member
Default 98 ex b18b swap

so i blew my sohc last night...YAY!! not.......im picking up a motor and trans today...heres my list of stuff i have ready to order...lmk if i dont need certain things or im missing anything

ob2 b18b and tranny axles and halfshaft
p75 ecu and harness
rywire b swap clutch line
samco radiator hoses
rear t bracket
new oil and filter/antifreeze/ trans fluid

can i use my ex harness with this one or should i pull it out in favor of the other harness...i keep getting mixed reviews...any other information you need ill answer as quick as i can...gotta get this swap done so i dont lose my job

Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mightymagurg
so i blew my sohc last night...YAY!! not.......im picking up a motor and trans today...heres my list of stuff i have ready to order...lmk if i dont need certain things or im missing anything

ob2 b18b and tranny axles and halfshaft
p75 ecu and harness
rywire b swap clutch line
samco radiator hoses
rear t bracket
new oil and filter/antifreeze/ trans fluid

can i use my ex harness with this one or should i pull it out in favor of the other harness...i keep getting mixed reviews...any other information you need ill answer as quick as i can...gotta get this swap done so i dont lose my job
B series swaps are covered immensely. Yes, you can use your stock harness. Why Samco hoses? You are going to pay $100+ for silicone when rubber replacements are $10 tops? Little things add up. If you allot all of your available cash which you have, the swap will not be done. There are always extra things which pop up.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

thats why im asking...im so confused by all the different answers ive been reading...ok so instead of paying 100$ for hoses..are there stock ones i can use

Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM

Well what hose kit from Samco were you going to buy??!? Just buy those hoses from an auto parts store.

If you are buying an Integra hose kit from Samco, buy Integra hoses from the auto parts store. Easy enough

Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 AM
HCF Member

thanks man...is there any difference in size between the civic and integra hoses?
im also gonna buy axles from the part store cuz itll be cheaper than buying aftermarket...im only gonna run stock for a while so why do i need beefed up axles...
how do i make the teggy alternator work with my civic harness?..is it as simple as cut and splice? any other sensors need to get changed? O2 sensor?

and it would probably be simpler to convert to obd1 right?

i havent completely pieced the swap together yet...
heres what i have now
96 b18b1 and ls trans with matching intermediate shaft
be series shift linkage
p75 ecu...not sure if its obd1 or obd2
and random odds and ends( fluids, cleaners etc etc)

Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

which vss do i use...my civic one or the one in the ls tranny
what about vacuum lines or emission lines
this is my last question...what about my slave cylinder? the ls tranny didnt come with one but i still have my civic one in the car...

these are all things ive tried to research and gotten no answer..well i should say a clear answer

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM

thanks man..1.is there any difference in size between the civic and integra hoses?
im also gonna buy axles from the part store cuz itll be cheaper than buying aftermarket...im only gonna run stock for a while so why do i need beefed up axles...
2.how do i make the teggy alternator work with my civic harness?..is it as simple as cut and splice? any other sensors need to get changed?
3.O2 sensor?

4.and it would probably be simpler to convert to obd1 right?
5.which vss do i use...my civic one or the one in the ls tranny
6.what about vacuum lines or emission lines
this is my last question...7.what about my slave cylinder? the ls tranny didnt come with one but i still have my civic one in the car...
Number your questions next time so we don't have to read your posts a few times to make sure we answered everything.

1. Yes
2. Yes, IF both alternators are the same OBD, the plug will work.
3. No
4. Yes, but you might start failing emissions because of this.
5. LS/ B series only
6. Lines are lines bro.
7. LS/B series only

Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

thanks for all the help....i really appreciate it. now i have a complete parts and tasks list. this swap should go pretty easy now. youve been a huge help

Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

was just goin over a couple things in my head...how do i wire my secondary o2 sensor in...will my single cam torque mounts bolt up to the ls block..i feel like they wont..i havent been able to look because we just got buried in 3' of snow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 ex b18b swap