We're adding and testing new features:  Create your Garage, used it? Give us some feedback here.
Honda Civic Forum Home - Honda Civic Classifieds - Civic Photo Galleries - Create an Account

Go Back   HondaCivicForum.com > Civic Style > Engine & Internal > Swap Meet > EK Swaps
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the HondaCivicForum.com.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM

Question D16Y5 block with D16Y8 head??

I didn't see anything in the forums about this specifically so i figured i'd just ask. has anyone in here swapped an EX head onto an HX block before? i've read (on another forum) that people have but the info was just a bit sketchy in terms of what will bolt right up and what needs to be changed. obviously the ecu has to be changed along with the intake manifold and primary o2 sensor but i'm at a loss beyond that.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 AM

I hate FB Twitter is a waste of bandwidth wtf is this **** Xbox sux D16_beat_ya

Nothing else really need to be changed except for the ECU, and the head itself. Vtec wiring is already there.

You can probably leave the stock manifold on there, but I suggest getting EX fuel injectors since the stock HX injectors are 180cc (I think. double check first) and the stock EX injectors are 240cc. The ECU needs to have the correct injectors in order to run correctly. It just may be easier to get the EX manifold and avoid any hassles.

read the rules... again since you should have read them immediately after signing up.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 AM

Tags
2012, block, civic, d16y5, d16y8, fuel, head, hx, injector, put, stock, swap, tsikot, tucson, upgrade