Old 04-14-2006, 11:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts

Car: 2002 Civic SI Hatch
Product: Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts
Place to Buy: AutoZone (special order)
Cost: $22
Rating: 8/10

Great buy for cheap. The kit comes with four inserts: two for the front mount and two for the rear. In theory it should be an easy install. Support the engine and remove the mount. Put in inserts and put the mount back in. Easier said than done. It took my three hours to do this install. Mind you I didnt have a lift. Just a jack, jackstands and my Craftsman tool set. One trick was actually getting the mounts out. Had to twist and pull for about 20 minutes on each one to get it out. Then came putting them back in. Its like trying to put new brake pads on without compressing the piston back in. Had to hammer and wedge for about 30 minutes on the rear and about 45 on the front. Bolted everything back up and went for a drive. The first thing I noticed was the idle. I can feel the entre car shake slighty now. Didn't like it at first but after a while can't even notice it. Another thing that caught my attention was the sound of my intake. I have a V2 and was loud enough as it was. Now it is noticebly louder, especially when I get on it. I can now hear it cross into VTEC clear as day. I can launch at a higher RPM now. Before I could launch at about 2500 with no wheelspin. Now I can get up to about 3400 before wheelspin is a problem. It also feels a little more "torquey" between 2k and 4k. Great product at a great price. Definetely recommend for anybody looking for a cheap, effective product.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts

sounds good. i was thinkin about new motor mounts or inserts cuz my engine moves and shakes alot. just seems like a whole lot of work and maybe a lil unsafe without an engine jack. how did u support the engine and where did u support it? im thinking of either getting new inserts or possibly an engine damper which i hear is just as good. thanks for the write-up, gives me more to think about.

Old 04-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i had the same problem with my motor mounts, they engine shook inside the car really bad, so what i did was jack the car back up and take out the rear mount and now it doesnt rattle at all.... If you dont have the time to put in stiff motor mounts then i would just go with the engine damper, its easy to install and wont vibrate as much

Old 04-15-2006, 11:57 PM
HCF Member

I just took a floor jack (while I had the car supported by jackstands) and lifted slighty on the tranny. Just enough to get the weight off the mounts. I had the same concern about safety but it turned out to not be as bad as I thought. One of the major problems is getting enough space to get the mounts out. Fitting the mounts back was the other problem. small flat head screwdriver helped alot. Another thing I didnt mention is that the intake is loud no matter what. If im cruising at 80 on the highway or leaving a red light it sounds incredibily loud. Gets some getting used to. The pros outweigh the cons for me but it does take a couple days to really get used to it. I almost dont notice it anymore. While it is alot of work it is a good upgrade for someone on a budget. Good way to stabilize the engine and increases launch rpm.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 AM

Hey you guys might want to take a look at this article I found - pretty good How To
http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail....D=ESMM_Install

I didn't write it - but I wish I had [:'(]

Old 04-13-2008, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

I got the same ones except for my 2 door 02 civic standard the rear ones didn't fit right so i had to shave a lil bit with my dremel to get them to fit