Password JDM Magnetic Drain Plugs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Password JDM Magnetic Drain Plugs.

Product: Password JDM Magnetic Drain Plugs
Distributor: Password JDM
Vehicle: 1998 Civic LX Coupe
Cost: $29.99 shipped (free shipping)
Installation: super easy. If you can change your oil and tranny fluid, you can do these. 14mm is all you need.
Installation Time: Start to finish 30 minutes if changing both out.
Review: The shipping was fast (USPS) 3 days from time of order. The came in a thin USPS shipping envelope. Inside of that the plugs were ina white cardboard box with a sticker covering the opening. The plugs themselves were in a small plastic ziptop bag. Crush washers included. They also put a few small stckers and a bumper sticker in with the order.

::BEFORE YOU START:: Call Password JDM and find out which one goes where. On the 98 EX Manual Trans. the long one went in the engine and the short one went in the tranny. But some cars are different.

Before I put in my new drain plugs I passed them back and forth through the old tranny fluid and engine oil. When I pulled them back out they both had little metal shvings all over them. In my opinion if the got that out of just a few passes through old oil, they are gonna work great in the car. As far as changing them out, its a snap. I would recommend that you get a set of ratcheting wrenches (for those of you who dont know what I am talking about. These :: wrenches (Now you dont have to get any one brand, I just used those because I knew they had good pictures) They will help when you are getting the old bolts out and the new ones in. In particular the tranny fill plug in the manuals. The motor mount is going to be in your way.

All and all. I am getting them for my '02 Odyssey and my '98 Ranger. I will also be ordering from Password JDM. I had to call them to find out which one went where and they were great. 5 out of 5 for the product and the company.

Hope this will help someone. PM me if have any questions. Also if you click the link in my Sig I have pics of them installed in case you want to see them on a car.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Password JDM Magnetic Drain Plugs.

u can also get these on ebay for a fraction of the price and do the same thing.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:27 AM

i got the ebay one. works the same! (i wont buy anything from PASSWORDJDM_ they sponser those dorks at hondatech.com [sm=shootshoot.gif]_not giving them any MONEY)

Old 01-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

cheap basterds... lol jk

Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 PM

i would by the passwsord ones over the spoon sports ones

Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

I bought passwordjdm's intake, I love it.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

BTW, I changed my oil and yes they do in fact pick up all the little bits that normally float around in your oil and tranny fluid. Sorry I forgot to take a pic of what all was on there, but they do work great.