General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

"what have you done to your civic today?"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 AM
HCF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MrGonzo123
Go to youtube and check out this guy named Eric the car guy... He's helpful
funny you meantion that. watched the vid. joined his forum about a week ago.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Default Eg hatch

i checked to see if my b16a2 spun a bearing now i gotta torque em all down and put a head on it .. i was thinkin of maybe using the b18b1 head i have but there is a lil rust on maybe 2 lobs on one of the cams.. IS THERE A WAY TO REMOVE IT OR SHUD I GET NEW CAMS?

Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 AM

^^Make a new thread if you have questions. This is not a question and answer thread.

Late last night, I pulled off my wink mirror and reinstalled the stock visors and rear view mirror.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Zoz
HCF Member

Just installed HEKO wind deflectors on my EU8 civic. Looks cooler, and well, i will be able to use the windows on highway without blowing my head off

Old 11-10-2012, 04:14 AM
HCF Member
Default Finally!!!!

After my civic sitting stagnant with a blown transmission for 7 1/2 years... She is alive!!!! The last few weekends I spent putting in the transmission, changing the fuel pump, main relay, fluids, bleeding the clutch lines, putting the front end back together and a couple other details. She is purring like she never went down in the first place.!!! Pretty exciting. Need some tires and a battery and will be on the road! Just in time to be my winter car. Gotta put the Evo up this winter.

STEVO

Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 AM
HCF Member

driveaxle changed, and put on the snowies. no more fixing i hope till next spring. supposed to be nice tomorrow so hoping to wax that **** probably the last chance ill get

Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

Had a 70 deg day in western new york... rare for November! So I took the opportunity to wash my civic, and treat a rust spot under the passenger side door. Sanded off the flaking rust, painted on some Rust-Oleum, and then painted it to match my car.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM

Well yesterday i gave it a good hour wash,
i can see my reflection in the paint
and cleaned the windows pretty good.

here in LA in the mornings the car get all misty and watery like if it rained the night before, i got up this morning and wiped all of that off, and its now shinning again

Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

well today was productive.

i cleaned up all my injector wires with some braided nylon mesh, including my purge control valve wires in all that mess.

I also replaced the front rotors with some cryostop blanks, replaced front pads with hawk hps and painted all 4 calipers and dust shields with G2 black paint.

I couldn't replace the rear rotors because the two screws holding them in were on good and I have nothing to torque them off. I'll have to stop by a friends sometime during the week to get them removed.

But I do have matching rear rotors and pads waiting to go on.

Other than that, only thing left to do tomorrow is replace the front upper ball joints. I have skunk2 arms and the ball joint unit is replaceable. It's been about 3 years since I got them and it's time they get replaced, starting to loosen up where they seat.

I do need some more brake cleaner so I can blast this paint off my hands. No gojo/hand cleaner is getting this off.

*Update*

Bought a hand impact driver, got all screws out holding both rear rotors. Probably one of the best tools I have, I was surprised to see it work so well with little effort.

Finished installed new rear rotors and pads.

Installed both front upper ball joints, need to get another alignment soon, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow or tuesday from Honda. This is probably the only thing I take my car to the dealership for.

Then when all was done I drove for a few minutes to break in pads. The initial bite sucked bad, but it got progressively better. Because of the new rotors I won't have max stopping power for a few hundred miles. So, it looks like my rebuilt motor and brakes should be broken in completely about the same time.

*Update 12-5-12*

Noticed I had a puddle of coolant under car yesterday. I squeezed the upper radiator hose and noticed coolant just pouring out behind the motor. Keep in mind I had my motor completely rebuilt a couple weeks ago. It was leaking out the o-ring seal where the coolant pipe goes into the water pump/block housing.

Luckily Honda had 2 new o-rings in stock. Picked them up, went home and this job was very easy. I had done my thermostat before. This is pretty much the same process except you take off the entire thermostat housing instead of just the cover. Got that off, pulled pipe out, noticed the o-ring was torn completely on on spot that allowed it to leak. So I replaced both o-rings and greased them up with some radiator grease I got with my mishimoto radiator hoses. The slid easily without the rings pinching or tearing.

Had to add more coolant and bleed system a little bit, all is good now Thanksfully I was off today and Honda had the parts in stock. I didn't want to wait until Sunday to work on it.

Last edited by inthezoneac; 12-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM
HCF Member

This past 3 weeks:
1. Had alarm installed(Fry's) $160
2. Had Boss Stereo installed (Fry's)$350
3. Replaced Alternator.
4 Changed PCV Valve
5. Changed Oil, Filter w/ Synthetic 10W-30
6. Converted Music Videos for stereo USB port
7. Adjusted HD Koni Yellows to bottom perch level.

Quick Reply: "what have you done to your civic today?"