General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

%@#$@%&! MY RIDE IS GONE

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Default %@#$@%&! MY RIDE IS GONE

well my 99 Honda Civic HX is ****ed up now. On thursday night i was heading to harford community college from scott's house. I was going up Rt. 22 right in front of the Bull On The Beach and Wa Wa. I was in the right hand only lane going up to the red light which is the backway into college. This bitch is in the middle turn lane, which is between the East Bound Lane and the West Bound Lane.... so the road setup looks like this.

L Rd. Wawa . Bull On The Beach
I Right Hand Only Lane
G West Bound Lane
H Center Turn Lane
T East Bound Lane
SHOULDER

I was going up the right only lane, the girl was in a 2000 Acura in the center turn lane, she was going for the gap b/e the wawa and bull on the beach. There was a gap in the west bound lane of about 2 car lengths. She pulled through it and came towards me to make a right hand turn. She didnt make a 90^ turn, she actually came towards me to get up to the turn. So it happened in slow motion. I said "OH $HIT!!!" and threw my car in neutral, slammed the brakes on. I skidded all the way to the middle of the median and hit her front right tire, ****ed it up, same w/ her right quater panel. It was kinda wierd, i didnt hear my tires skidding, all i heard was the impact, then i stopped, threw the ebrake on and the hazards and jumped out, left the car running. Luckilly, an offduty unmarked cop saw the whole thing and said it was her fault, there was nothing i couldve done to avoid it. Scott was right behind me too, he parked jumped out and said "are you okay jeremy? that stupid bitch pulled out right in front of you!" It busted out my right headlight, ****ed up my bumper, and hood, busted my right window out of allignment w/ the weather seal, and bent my radiator and frame. But no fluids were leaking out. I went to the hospital in an ambulance bc i had neck pains, which turned out to be whiplash, even though i was probably going under 20mph on impact. I didnt get a citation, but i heard the girl is, which means i dont have to pay for anything! my neck still hurts a lil bit now it cracks when i lean my head or turn to a certain point. I will not take settlement of $10,000 in court, so later i can sew for more. So now my car is up @ E&B Body on Rt. 1. I find this a good oppurtunity to upgrade some parts, I might get some projector headlights w/ the halos, possibly a front body kit if it is cheaper than a stock bumper and possibly quarter pannels if my frame is twisted.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: %@#$@%&! MY RIDE IS GONE

damn, sorry to hear that, good thing every ones alright. you know what though, long as you get it all fixed for free, sleep well an night. So you been offered a $10,000 dollar settlement? Dude, Id take that and run. With that money, you can get a new motor, and a tune that you could only see in your wildest dreams.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: fast93civic
So you been offered a $10,000 dollar settlement? Dude, Id take that and run.
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

My buddy is a lawyer, and said never take a first settlement. If they offered you an out of court settlement, that means that they know she is in the wrong. Hold out for at least 2 more offers, and don't say you feel okay, or alright at any time. Once you accept that settlement, you then have to sign a waiver that you cannot go back and claim for anything. Case closed!

Old 09-25-2005, 12:20 PM
HCF Member

Id be pissed if someone pulled out in front of me and it messed my car up. That sucks about your neck pain but thats pretty gay your gonna try to sue for more money, i can respect a little more than the 10,000 they offered you but after that your just making insurance rates go up for everyone. Its not like the girl did it on purpose even if she cant drive worth a crap and is stupid. If your neck pain is really that bad and you need the money to pay for medical bills then by all means sue, but if your neck is fine your a scumbag.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

thats too bad man, with winter coming up thats one of my worst fears, slip on a icy patch or somthing and getting my car f-d up, but as long as im not at fault, then its all good lol..well at least you can get some new parts, and some nice money out of it too..good luck with everything

Old 09-25-2005, 01:21 PM

damn....take a big settlement....sell your civic, get the 06 si

Old 09-25-2005, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

My buddy is a lawyer, and said never take a first settlement. If they offered you an out of court settlement, that means that they know she is in the wrong. Hold out for at least 2 more offers, and don't say you feel okay, or alright at any time. Once you accept that settlement, you then have to sign a waiver that you cannot go back and claim for anything. Case closed!
Ok, maybe so. But if I was ok, like it was just the whip lash, and there's no long term damage, Id take the 10 K with a smile.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

ORIGINAL: fast93civic
So you been offered a $10,000 dollar settlement? Dude, Id take that and run.

I know, since my neck now cracks when i turn it or lean it from side to side, i can get more $$$ down the road but if i take it now i can't sew for later health (neck) problems.... it was a stupid rich girl mustve been about 16 or 17, under 18 driving "daddy's new 2000 Acura" they were rich, just by the way they dressed, and all their jewelry... it disgusts me. i know damn well she didnt buy that car, or pay for insurance on it.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:23 AM

Well the shop hasnt called yet but these are the things ive gotta get fixed... if you have any suggestions, id like to hear them

Bumper-(stock if cheap, but if i can get one from a body kit cheaper...)
Headlights-(i'm thinking Projektor Halos)
Grill-(mesh one)
Radiator Frame-
Radiator-
Resivoir-
Fan-

Gotta get my frame bent out, and my right window came out of track.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:36 PM

I like the idea of an 06 Si!

Quick Reply: %@#$@%&! MY RIDE IS GONE