General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

****!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ****!!!!!!!

I guarentee that if anyone was to steal my civic or for that matter even attempt to break into it, his or her grey matter would very shortly thereafter look like a modern art materpiece on whatever wall or floor that person happens to be nearest.

I'm very sorry to hear that your car was stolen again. This is indeed idiotic, and when you get it back, you should look into the DIY on a hidden fuel pump cutoff switch and/or main electrical switch. It's cheap and best of all, relatively effective. You could have your rifle loaded and be out the front door as soon as you hear them trying to turn that engine over with no fuel pump.

I hope to read this thread whenever I get back to HCF in the next couple of days and read that you recovered your car with little expended effort and minimal loss. Hope you have better luck in the future.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

i got rims on my car and a modest stereo and its never had an attempted break in that i know of. i have no alarm but am in the process ofsaving up for a good one. i do however have a fuel kill switch and it gives me piece of mind. the switch is super hidden and can be a pain sometimes to get to but i feel its necessary since the rims were fitted. sometimes i wonder how come nobody tries to steal my car! wtf?!? i'm not saying i want my car stiolen just some attention would be nice, knock on wood it doesnt happen...

ps - oh and sorry to hear about your ride. get the fuel kill, took me 20 mins to install

Old 05-30-2007, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

Thats **** man. I feel lucky I have a garage, plus I park right next to an SLK 320 so I dont think they would want my civic if they did get in.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
HCF Member

my bad dude lol i didnt mean to laugh it it like that or laugh at all but whas the fuel cutoff switch thing im really thinkin about it sounds wicked good

Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 AM

they recovered the car yesterday. i have no idea about the condition of the vehicle, so thumbs crosssed. my wife is going to go look at it today.

It doesn't have full coverage, it's been paid off for a while, and it's only my dd, we both have other cars that are a little newer and in better shape that are fully covered. ****ty part is i just reduced the coverage a couple weeks ago.

I imagine they stripped it fairly good, why else steal a car with NOTHING in it???

I will look for the fuel cutoff DIY, this will give me time to grab a bat next time and introduce there brains to the pavement next time......

I'll let you guys know ho I faired later today, i imagine.....

Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 AM

great news you found the car!

hope its in a good condition

Old 05-31-2007, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

How far away did they find it? Last year I had my shiity *** Ford Tempo stolen, and they found it in an apartment complex directly across the street from me (actually I found it, lol). All they took from it was my girlfriend's Cher CD that I was borrowing at the time(don't ask), that's it.

Hope it turns out OK for you, I know what it feels like.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

YA HOPEFULLY THEY DIDNT TRASH THE CAR DOING SO.......

that is HOPEFULLY.... probably some crack head......

hell my half brother we gave him this REALY CRAPY car so crapyy its a no namerr.LOL but his dumb @ss used a hack saw to cut the battery cables and a screw driver to bust the dash apart to get to the SINGLE SPEAKER.... total dumb @ss!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 PM

it wasn't too bad. all i've noticed so far is that the factory tweeters and mounts are gone, the cheap *** walmart floormats are gone, the ignition is fuct (it's easy to start though!), the edge of the tint is fuct on one window, and they left the windows down in a rain storm, so it's wet.

they found it in the ghetto of minneapolis (probably 5 miles from me). Dicks.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:59 PM

oh, and if anyone has the skinny on parts...........

Quick Reply: ****!!!!!!!