General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

****ed My Car UP

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member
Default ****ed My Car UP

I was sliding around in the parking lots with my friends in my turbo civic and I slammed into a curb (yes I know I'm stupid) so anyways my rim is bent (least of my worries), my brakes are totally ****ed, i'm not sure why, im leaking some fluid that my friend told me is probably coming from the cv axle. My friend told me he is guessing with parts and labour it will cost me like 1500 to fix, my wheel is totally moved back and rubbing the body.
I'm so pissed, I was saving for my internals on the engine and now this happens. Whatver it was my fault and I guess i'll learn from it, but **** I'm so pissed at myself now I have no car for the next month or two or however long it takes to save

Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Default RE: ****ed My Car UP

That sucks.

Sorry for saying this but I would never do something like that with my car. It's not like it's an rc car or something that you can just slide around wherever.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

Well that sucks but chit happens all the time. At least you use ur car the way it should be used and not drive it like an old man.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: romic00

Well that sucks but chit happens all the time. At least you use ur car the way it should be used and not drive it like an old man.
Cars are not suppose to be bagged 24/7. You're suppose to treat your car with respect. And that was really stupid of you to be doing that im a public place. At least tell me it wasn't during the day.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

Well Im glad you know your stupid, at least it stops me from saying it.

Come on...trying to act all cool for the friends? haha, well sucks for you...

Old 10-14-2007, 07:43 PM

OOPS, well atleast you learned something from the whole experience. I was speeding and hit a huge pothole, popped my tire and bent my rim. I Tend not to speed on roads I dont know. But I do drift every now and then but i prolly shouldnt, reading your story...

Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
HCF Member

Lol dude I wasn't trying to act cool, I love my car! I absolutely love it, and i love drifting, and i love racing. Of course a praking lot isn't the right place to drift, but we were making a video of me and my friends in their mustand 5.0, and his oldsmobile 442 (fast as **** running nitrous!)

Me and my friend are going to replace the control arm and fix my brake line (squirts out fluid every time I hit the brake), and were gonna try and bend out the body so the wheel doesn't rub. Then I'm gonna bring it to a shop to check if there is anything else ****ed up underneith and I'm almost positive their will be, maybe the cv axle or something I have no clue, maybe my friend will know once we get it jacked up and takethe wheel off, he's the smart one when it comes to cars.
I'll let you know what happens.
New excuse to upgrade to the 17" Konig's I've been looking at, just sucks because I had brand new rubber put on these rims about a month ago, I'll put them up for sale as soon as i get my new ones and also the rims are for sale, they are Rays, the front left rim is scrathed up and dented a little but the tire still holds air, maybe someone could use it, ill put them up for sale soon.
Also if I smashed a curb, do you think my strut would be ****ed too?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
mxs
HCF Member

At least you use ur car the way it should be used
How does FWD drifting in a parking lot in any way resemble "how it should be used"??

Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

How it should be used for FUN

ORIGINAL: mxs

At least you use ur car the way it should be used
How does FWD drifting in a parking lot in any way resemble "how it should be used"??

Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

dude if you are going to "have fun" with it do it at a track, there are plenty of autocross events around, i am sure there are some semi close to where you live, not going to lie that was stupid of you to do that in a public place, but everybody makes mistakes. sucks about your car though. hopefully you can get it fixed right and everything back to normal

Quick Reply: ****ed My Car UP