General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

0-60 beasty

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Default 0-60 beasty

Hey guys, new here.

Anyway, any idea of what the best bang for the buck increase of throttle response and 0-60? I want to be nimble and zippy as a demon, possibly autoX, I enjoy light weight corner tearing cars.

I'm thinking flywheel(bang for buck brand)?
Rota Slipstreams
Unsure of tire, probably the best winter/summer tire available
AEM SRI
Header I'm up in arms over, I'm not looking to spend over $300, I see some 421 DC for $281 but meh, opinions?
Evo 2 exhaust
Suggestion on light weight but cheap front seats?
Removing back seats and whatever else I can
Anything else that would get this bad boy to up and move in a hurry? I'm not shooting for 1/4 mile times or to beat the Mustang down the street in a straight line whatsoever.
Unorthodox pulley set? I put a pulley set on my 01 Jimmy and there was no damn difference, hestitant on this very much so

I'm throwing the $1,000 eibach pro kit on my b16 DX, I was going to go CF but it's incredibly expensive. I don't see the point in working a month so my Civic can be 40lbs lighter and me see almost no difference.

Body wise, is there a difference between a 96 and 00 Civic? I bought this b16 dx from an old and now randomly disapeared friend. A lot of the stuff I'm looking at says"SI/v-tec only"(especially header), fitment chassy wise problems coming at me?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 0-60 beasty

Forgive me for not answering all of you questions as I am simply to lazy but as far as flywheel, use a stock one and have it shaved/resurfaced, dont pay for a aem short ram.....a ebay one will do just fine, header look into hp racing header. The 99/00 mSI civic's in the U.S. have a different series engine than your car.