General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

01'+

Old 02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 01'+

7th gen civics " the lost years"

Old 04-09-2005, 07:47 PM

are you stoned ?[sm=icon_beat.gif] the new civivs are sweet [sm=smiley16.gif] as far as tuner cars yea there cool but not too practical for daily driving dont diss the 01+ civic's its ok if ya dislike em thats your opinion anyway i think there sweet as im not a what ya call a tuner i like to costomize my car yes but only mild mods such as exuast air intake rims etc. [sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 04-09-2005, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

you meant customize right?...........sorry thou im a 94 coupe ex driver and ive gotta say even before i drove a honda ive thought the 92-95 gens were much sleeker lookin than the new ones...............and the idea of droppin in a B18C5 is pretty cool too lol.........sorry to say but the new civics get 2 thumbs down.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

just hang tight until you get to see the new civics. i'm not talking about the si. i'm talking about the new ex's and what not. they are FREAKIN SWEET! i'm not allowed to give you details, but i will say that it is worth the wait. in case you're wondering, i work at honda. at the east liberty ohio plant. that's where most of your civic come from. get ready for the future of the civic!

Old 04-09-2005, 11:39 PM

yea so honda made an entirely NEW platform for their cars, so what?

my stock 2k1 can hang with those damn b16's... and some b18's

it depends on a lot, as far as styling goes, its much nicer than the previous civics, as far as tunerwise, its only as tough as you make it

this car has made me way more creative than i ever thought
the new civics are well balanced for autocrossing, the suspension is decent, responsive and with the proper approach, can be a leathal cornering machine in the autox events, given not as leathal as a crx with a b18

the only reason why you guys dont like them is cause u cant drop a B-series in there.. you have the right to have your opinions, but you should ALSO consider the market that honda is trying to get with the newer civics, they are targetting people that want a economical, and practical daily driver, not a race car, if i wanted a race car, i woulda gotten something with way more umpf

i like the newer civics(not ep3/si hatch) cause they have way more room than the previous civics, the gearbox isnt nearly as sloppy, the exhaust isnt bent as awkwardly, and now that the 7thgen been around for a few years, the aftermarket support has started to pick up a little, its not nearly as much as the 6th gen, but its just giving the new wave more of a challenge, to be honest, the new civic has been tuned fairly well out of the factory, its tuned for economy not performance, the primary difference between the generations is more torque(who cant get enough) and a VTEC-E system which uses a 2 lobe cam profile instead of a 3 lobe profile

there have been 7thgens that ran 12's, but then again, what car wouldnt if you dropped 15k into it...

im not saying they are fast, or slow, any car can be fast with enough money

Old 04-09-2005, 11:57 PM
HCF Member

no need to be a dick, i was just giving you guys a heads up on the new civic. i could give a fat babies *** less if you drove a gremlin. it's your ride, not mine. my wife happens to have an 04 boosted civic. and i like it so relax.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:54 AM

i just think that compared to all the other new cars out there, the civic has the best blend of sporty feel and entry level driving experience

Old 04-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Ahem, the fastest car to post in this thread right now is a 7th gen. I would shut the hell up if I we're you. Unless you can outrun me, it's time to shut up.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

my stock 2k1 can hang with those damn b16's... and some b18's
first off, any day you want to run, ill be glad to. second, props to Se7en. but even you have to admit, it isnt as easy as it would have been with a 5th or 6th gen. but thats what makes yours cool, the fact that NO ONE sees it coming. and im willing to bet you have damn near as much into performance as you do in the initial price of the car, if not more. and for about 4-5 grand more than i have now, i could be running with you. though mines not tuned as a straightliner.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

first off, any day you want to run, ill be glad to. second, props to Se7en. but even you have to admit, it isnt as easy as it would have been with a 5th or 6th gen. but thats what makes yours cool, the fact that NO ONE sees it coming. and im willing to bet you have damn near as much into performance as you do in the initial price of the car, if not more. and for about 4-5 grand more than i have now, i could be running with you. though mines not tuned as a straightliner.
Yes, I do have to admit that it is easier to do another kind of Civic. I just would rather take a challenge and take the road less traveled. And it's cool to say I have the only one of it's kind (that I know of anyway) in Missouri.

And BTW, thanks

Search this Thread