General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

01 Civic ex Custom Wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Default RE: 01 Civic ex Custom Wing

haha thanks very much .

should i take the wing and just let the guy the store member find it?

and just a random question, how much you think it would cost to get the wing painted black or silver??

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM

ok, as long as the bolt is thin enough to fit through the hole in the spoiler but not to thin preferably the snugest fit you can get without forcing it, and long enough to go through it and your boot, also make sure the head of the bolt and the nut doesnt also fit through the hole if it does or is close to get some washers, there shouldnt be any need to take the spoiler to the shop, just measure the hole, or find something the same size

no idea about the price to have it painted, as i for the moment am in the UK, i got quoted minimum 200pounds to have my wing painted, though there is a DIY on here about painting look in the How To section. Depends on how you feel with that kind of stuff.

and for god sake dont put the spoiler on the car if it doesnt match the car, better no spoiler than a patchwork car
(which is what i have at the moment a matt black wing(fender) on my purple car, because i have no choice it was no car or patchwork wing(fender) and it is embarrassing, though i havent got the cash to spend on what at the moment is needless things, though it is right at the top of my todo list

Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM

it's not patchwork at all, the only thing i need to do is paint the wing and put it on my car, it looks good and i got it for free... just adding some extras to the car now.

What do you mean by "Boot" when you were explaining how to mount the wing to my trunk.

The only thing i have is what was in the pictures i posted.. and that's it. no boot, nuts, bolts anything.

Im such a honda noob haha but im learning

Old 01-06-2008, 04:33 AM

haha sorry boot is English for trunk, i wasnt having a dig about you and your car, i just meant its better to wait and have it painted than putting a blue wing on a red car for example

Old 01-06-2008, 11:12 AM

OHHHH ya of course, definatly getting it painted before i put it on ha. thought you meant something else..

anyway.. i got a picture of my truck assembly.. not exactly sure where to drill through..

Name:  TrunkAssembly.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  52.6 KB

Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 AM

Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 AM

Name:  TrunkAssembly.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  52.6 KB

dont need caps

the holes need to line up with the holes on the spoiler when placed on the boot(trunk)

Old 01-07-2008, 07:42 PM

what holes?? i dont know where to drill the holes

Old 01-08-2008, 06:15 AM

ok lets hope we understand each other this time

The Holes:
Name:  CustomWingBracket.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  21.0 KB

ok now these are the holes that i was talking about you have to place the wing on your trunk, exactly where you want it, EXACTLY, mark where the"legs" of the wing sits on the trunk,exactly. Maybe with some masking tape or blue tack, something that wont damage your paint work.it looks like the legs can be unscrewed, unscrew them and place them where you marked them out before, then put a pen or similar through the leg and draw on your trunk through the holes.
remove leg bits from car screw them back on to the wing so you dont lose them , and put the wing to one side. Now comes the point of no return, get your drill and metal drill bit. It may help if you put a piece of masking tape on the spot you are going to drill to stop the bit sliding across your trunk, and leaving a very fetching scratch. Drill the holes.
take a leg back off the wing drop bolt in the hole, and then bolt (with leg bit attached) through one of the holes you drilled on the trunk (making sure its the right side) put the nut on the otherside of the bolt, tighten. Do the same with the other side.
Hey presto... your civics got too weird looking growths
Then screw the wing to the leg bits.

I hope this helps and was a bit clearer, im not really sure how to make it any clearer other than flying over to the US and showing you