General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

01 Civic Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Default 01 Civic Question

I'm interested in getting a Civic. I found a Honda Civic for sale sort of in my area, around 50 miles away. The specs are:

2001 Civic EX
Ex color-black
In color- beige
Transmission- automatic
Mileage- 88,000.

The car is in almost perfect shape, the dealer is asking 8,000 for it without tax, tags, so on. The mileage scares me, but I know if you take good care of a car, expessialy a honda, it can easily get 200,000. I'm in a bit of a pickle, not really sure if it is a good deal, or if I am getting taken over. I am not really sure if a warranty comes with it, but I know it hasn't been at the bottom of a river by the carfax report. I'm not really to much of a honda expert, but I'm looking for this to be my first car. I have enough income to afford it, I'm making over 500 in the winter and over 800 in the summer, and have some money saved up. I want the car to last me 5 or 6 years until I geta real job. What do you think, good deal, being taken over? Ohh yes.... I also live in Pennsylvania, not sure if the price fluculates from state tostate,but I know prices in New Yorkare damn cheaper.Thanks guys.