General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

05 civic lx vs. 05 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 05 civic lx vs. 05 civic ex

thanks theinternet. that was helpful. the reason i was thinking of getting an EX was because i put aftermarket 17s which were heavier than the OEM steelies. the car looked good but lost a bit of acceleration. so i was thinking maybe i should've gotten an EX than an LX. Funny thing was i was researching for weeks about the 05LX and i thought it had vtec, only to find out 5 minutes after buying that it did not have vtec. but yeah most likely i'll just keep the lx. if the price is right, i'd sell it, but definitely i won't be selling it loosing a lot of money. there;s just this guy's daughter is looking for an LX, and the dad liked my car when he saw it and was askin me if i was selling it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17594/4208D04CB80C4FA38DD72B6999A09D7A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2008, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jeff_o

thanks theinternet. that was helpful. the reason i was thinking of getting an EX was because i put aftermarket 17s which were heavier than the OEM steelies. the car looked good but lost a bit of acceleration. so i was thinking maybe i should've gotten an EX than an LX. Funny thing was i was researching for weeks about the 05LX and i thought it had vtec, only to find out 5 minutes after buying that it did not have vtec. but yeah most likely i'll just keep the lx. if the price is right, i'd sell it, but definitely i won't be selling it loosing a lot of money. there;s just this guy's daughter is looking for an LX, and the dad liked my car when he saw it and was askin me if i was selling it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17594/4208D04CB80C4FA38DD72B6999A09D7A.jpg[/IMG]
Very clean looking car, your 5-spokes really look sharp !

I dont know if this is true, but Ive read a few times thatsome people think the non v-tec is more of a robust engine compared to the v-tec, so maybe if you keep the car a long time you will be better off...

Only reason I have an EX is because I bought my car used and thats what came up first, otherwise Id be perfectly happy with an LX, they arebeautiful cars...so Id just enjoy your car...!

PS - the reason why I had to edit my posts was because this forum censors the word v-t-e-c-h...and I didnt know my spelling was wrong, so it looked like a swear word...then I corrected to spell it as v-tec

Old 01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

thanks theinternet. i see... i guess it boils down to the rule 'simpler is better' for the engine. if you think about it... it makes sense... the fewer moving parts = lesser parts to break.ifonly the LX came w/ moonroof, illuminated keyhole and variable intermittent windshield

really? i din't know v-t-3-c-h is censored. lol that is funny. what if the topic was really the v-t-3-c-h handheld device/wireless phone. hahaha.