General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

06 and 07 Civic Si Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Default 06 and 07 Civic Si Owners

Are you happy with the car? What do you like and would you like anything changed in the car?

I am trying to decide if to get one or not.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Default RE: 06 and 07 Civic Si Owners

1st there are faster cars out there for the same $. i was looking at and 06 ion redline and the new cobalt ss(i know same ****ing thing). itested em bothtwo difftimes. hell i even looked at the tc. but when i tested the si. i went back the next day and got it.for and N/a car. its the fastest around $21000. plus i love honda. i would not trade it for anyother car in the price range. only other thing i mite have gottin would have been a mazdaspeed. hope this helps

Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 PM

so you got the 07 Si, is there anything you would change? When I drove it and the Ex you could see the interior diff. and the HP under the hood but the salesman is a friend of mine and was telling me to shift it when the light comes on to get the VTEC benefit. Driving the car like that would seem to get tiresome after a while. That being said you could drive like a grandmother but know if you want to step on it it will go like stink. I just wish it had more torque than 139 for the 200 HP engine. Gotta rev the heck out of it. Any further info. would be appreciated. Is it true that the sticker price is what they are going for these days?

thanks

Old 07-31-2007, 08:21 PM

well its such good pick up that befor i know it i at 5000rpm. vtec come on at 6000. anyway, no i would not change a thing. other than doing a i/h/e and reflash.if your chooseing between the 2 y go with the lesser.. i dont now what they go for but i got mine for 21000. the 4d were 20000

Old 07-31-2007, 08:45 PM

are you in a climate where you get snow in the winter, so winter tires are needed for a few months? I have been told that with the rear wheels the shock will interfear with a rim smaler than 17".It comes with 17" and Michelin Pilots 45's. I understand that you can't save some $'s buy using 16" rims with 55's for a few months of winter tires. The shock configeration means that you can't go smaller than 17" with a steel rim for winter. This is what I have been told???

Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 PM

I tried to edit sorry to the admin.

@Bourgeois, don't know what you mean by

other than doing a i/h/e and reflash.if your chooseing between the 2 y go with the lesser.

please explain, thanks

Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 PM

i recently bought an 07 si coupe and lemme tell u from first hand experience...it's pretty hard to lower the price on that thing. first they don't make many si's....i think this year they made around 12,000? i might be alittle off with that number but they dont make nearly as much as civics or accords. i'm from nj and i called pretty much every honda dealership to see if they even had any..i'd say 3 out of 5 had 1 or maybe 2 left in stock (coupes not sedans). a lot said they had some coming in but who knows. there are more sedans than coupes. the si i bought was going for 21, 695...i knocked off $300 and that's about it. every dealer is going to say that the demand is high (which is right) and supplies are limited (which is also right) cuz honda stopped manufacturing them. they're now getting ready to release the 08 si this coming october i believe. so yea...it also depends where u live...ny/nj/ma all have high demands which lead to high prices. u ask a salesman to knock off more than 1 grand they'll tell u to leave.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Six13

I tried to edit sorry to the admin.

@Bourgeois, don't know what you mean by

other than doing a i/h/e and reflash.if your chooseing between the 2 y go with the lesser.

please explain, thanks
i/h/e refers to Intake, Header, and Exhaust, usually first mods done to cars like these. They help the car breathe better. Reflash, I believe would be resetting the ECU, to reprogam it for more power, or a better fuel/air mix.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 AM

I own an 07 si, it is my first new car but also my first Honda. It is by no means as fast as my 96 cobra, but this car is more fun. As a daily driver it is geared well enough that driving it around at about 2500-3500 rpms isn't a problem. Fuel economy isn't as great as the auto EX model but I have gotten 34.2 mpg on the highway so it isn't that bad. As far as other cars for similar money that are faster I'll let you know when I find one, being fast on paper means nothing. This car is definitely worth the money, and is definitely worth getting if you love to drive.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:55 PM

@SI_smiley07thanks for the information. The price in the US is sure nicer than Canada. The Si costs $27,655.00 CDN including the shipping and PDI with tax and everythign to drive it off the lot is more than $31,000.00. The EX costs about $24,000.00 including shipping and PDI about $27,000.00 to drive it off the lot. The crazy thing about it both cars are made in Ontario Canada, I think the US models are made in Canada also. The price sure is not even close considering the US and Canadian $ are about 5% apart. Great deal in the USA. Being in NJ will you be needing snow tires? The local dealer told me the smallest steel rim that can be put on the rear wheels is a 17" because of some shock or brake component on the Si. Real bummer if you can't go to smaller steel rims and higher profile tires to save some $'s.

Is there anything you would change in the car? I felt there wasn't enough torque so you had to be tromping on the gass to really get it moving in high RPM's. Fun to drive though.

Congrats on the purchase, nice car.

Quick Reply: 06 and 07 Civic Si Owners