General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

06 Civic foglight mod (use foglights anytime)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Default 06 Civic foglight mod (use foglights anytime)

Please open this link up in another tab(if you're using Firefox) or another window(if you're using internut exploder)
You will be referencing it. You have to have Adobe Acrobat to read the diagram.

Foglight Install Diagram

This is for those that understand the concept of a relay and how it is used. I'll try to make it where everyone can understand it

The WHT/RED wire coming from the FOG LIGHT FUSE 20A is positively charged at all times. (+12V constant)

The BLU wire coming from the "Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box" sends a low amperage ground(-12V) pulse whenever the headlights are turned to the ON position and the Lowbeams are on. This Ground pulse activates an electromagnet inside the relay that internally connects the WHT/RED and the other BLU coming from the relay which sends power to the foglights.

If that BLU wire was cut coming from the fuse/relay box and wired to the factory switch and the other side of the switch was grounded, then that switch would ground the BLU wire, turning the fog lights on or off whenever you wanted.

I have NOT tried this but i DO believe it will work.

Any input appreciated.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Default RE: 06 Civic foglight mod (use foglights anytime)

Yes that will work. The only problem to be aware of though is that you will also bypass the ignition cutoff leaving the possibility to leave them on when the car is off and accidentally draining your battery.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: 06 Civic foglight mod (use foglights anytime)

I bought these fog lights on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...33451&rd=1

I used the same instructions to install them in my 07 Civic EX Coupe... but, there was no WHT/RED wire or BLU wire. The only wire that could be inserted into the 34-Pin connector is a red wire. Also, there isn't a violet wire to insert into the 14-Pin connector. (see page's 9 and 10 of instructions) http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda...Fog_Lights.pdf

I'm stummped! The button glows when the lights are on but no fog lights come on when button pressed. Can anyone help??