General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

06 si/ Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Default 06 si/ Need some help

Well first off, just want to say what s up to everyone, just found this forum and looks to be pretty packed with smart ppl, so hopefully yall can give me some help in the next few months.. I'm looking at buying a 06 si .. I'm new to the import world as well so please have patience with me .. First off , are they hard to come by, and what is the avg price you pay for them.. I saw a few prices online . $20k msrp, and $18k, invoice.. Is it possible to talk them down to near the invoice price or are they pretty firm on the pricing? And for anyone who has one how is the insurance? Thats all for now just wanted to get the basiics out of the way, so when i go to the dealer on monday i dont look like a total asshat , thanks , Matt

Old 05-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Default RE: 06 si/ Need some help

i dont think many dealers are going to deal on a new si, its very highly sought after car, kinda like in my area there selling 99 and 00 si's for 14k, thats ridiculous...i paid 9 for my 99 si with 70,000 miles on it last year, from a dealer

Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 PM

If you belong to a credit union, you may be able to make some sort of deal through them. They often have services that can find you a car at cost plus $100.

I think the Si is at a premium right now--try the route of the credit union or maybe an internet service. If not, wait about six months, they'll be all over the place, and you'll probably be able to pick up a used one with 12K miles on it for a lot less.....

Old 05-18-2006, 09:25 AM

First off, are they [Si's] hard to come by, and what is the avg price you pay for them.. I saw a few prices online . $20k msrp, and $18k, invoice.. Is it possible to talk them down to near the invoice price or are they pretty firm on the pricing?

Yesterday, I was at my dealership (north/central Connecticut) and, regarding '06 Si's, one salesman there told me: "We're asking $2,000 over MSRP," due to supply vs. demand. (Ouch!) He added that they had Si orders from customers that won't be delivered for 4 months, due the relative scarcity of the 2006 Si's. (He mentioned they've sold the initial allotment of six FIT's they got within a week of their arrival, too.) They had a black Si prepped and ready for customer pick up, so I got my first good look at one.

BTW, I was at the dealership to get a deck lid spoiler installed on my '06 sedan. Pics are here...

Regards,
Glenn in CT

Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 PM

to be honest, you'll be lucky to even find an SI around. If you do, there's no way you're gonna get it for anything less than msrp, due to the huge demand...just call every dealer around, look online, and cross your fingers...dont let a dealer rape you with fees though, be smart...

Old 06-24-2006, 01:21 PM

sups man? go online and shop to get a quote. you'll find something closer to invoice and you don't have to deal with the car sales people. use cars.com.