General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

12 g's under the hood

Old 12-05-2007, 09:22 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 12 g's under the hood

nothing even SOUNDS remotley modded.
but he said his hinges on his hood were broke from when he intalled his cf hood on wrong, ??????
I'm going to put 2 and 2 together and say....

[IMG]local://upfiles/16278/7E58E8C83F6347788E4FF61317BA791B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 09:35 AM

look at it this way, if he spent that much money on his engine, he's definitely had it on the dyno. ask for the dyno sheet.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: kokasian

I have 12Gs under the hood too

There must be some serious power going on there....each g probally adds like 30 hp

Old 12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: speedyturtle

i over heard him talking to someone in the hall and i asked him about what he was runnin, he said he still had the h22 but put in a turbo and some simple engine stuf, i asked if could tale a peek but he said his hinges on his hood were broke from when he intalled his cf hood on wrong, ?????? but anyway i aksed some of the people who hang wiht him and none of them have even seen under the hood but they say he's fast. but all the people he hangs with drive riced out civics with altezzas and rims or for focuses with iced windows so i dunno, im stil doubtful.
Seeing as how the bolts that hold the hood on are under the hood, I think I have to ask how he got the hood on in the first place...

And think about it... you're talking about ricers... sorry, I just don't trust anybody who thinks just a fartpipe will add 30hp to the wheels.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: koots

I love those people. there was guy i went to school with who had a ranger that he said had $3000 dollars done in mods. had a conversation with his dad at the store where i worked and he told me he spent 3 grand on ball joints,tie rods, CV's, misc. engine parts for repair purposes. Called the guy out and he shut up.

You also gotta love the people who claim to have spent hundreds of dollars more for parts just because they think it is expensive, it works better. Like in the off-road truck scene, where you have some yuppy with an 05 F-150 with alot of bling big expensive wheels and tires and a thousand dollar lift. just because of the money he thinks it is better and gets it stuck in 5 mins down a trail. Who pulls him out? some guy with an old chev pickup worth about 1500 dollars total. goes to show money doesn't always mean quality.
I know what you are getting at, However getting a truck stuck does not neccesarily mean the money or quality was at fault. In those instances the driver can be worth his weight in gold. An exspensive rig with a ****ty driver isn't going to go anywhere a junker with a great driver couldn't. The same applies to cars and their drivers, the driver can make up for a lot of mechanical mismatches if he has the skills to do so.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

The h22 is a bigger better engine than the riced out civics, so of course they are gonna think that car is "super fast" compared to their cars.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

Lol, this guy is probably full of crap. Plus I believe h22's are hard to boost, at least to boost a lot without messing them up.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

I know what you are getting at, However getting a truck stuck does not neccesarily mean the money or quality was at fault. In those instances the driver can be worth his weight in gold. An exspensive rig with a ****ty driver isn't going to go anywhere a junker with a great driver couldn't. The same applies to cars and their drivers, the driver can make up for a lot of mechanical mismatches if he has the skills to do so.
But the point was: money isn't everything. i know i may have gone a little OT, but having 12G's ofmisappropriated money under the hood doesn't mean you're gonna have the fastest, bestcar in town.Same as 12G's doesn't mean your gonna have the best truck in the world either. along with the driver and the building, you can get better results with being creative instead of just throwing money at it.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

maybe he just got ripped off.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: koots

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

But the point was: money isn't everything. i know i may have gone a little OT, but having 12G's ofmisappropriated money under the hood doesn't mean you're gonna have the fastest, bestcar in town.Same as 12G's doesn't mean your gonna have the best truck in the world either. along with the driver and the building, you can get better results with being creative instead of just throwing money at it.
I agree with you, I was just commenting on your example. 12G's under the hood is an a$$load of money and for it to not sound like it is about to literally take off on a runway is a bit hard to swallow. Even if he got ripped off and overpaid on all the bolt on's he could find, I still don't think you could come close to 12's and you wuld still know it was somewhat tweeked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12 g's under the hood