General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

17's

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: 17's

like ej6 said, you'll want 40-series

and you'll want at least a +42mm offset with 7" wide wheels

Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

i'm ok with the whole baby monstertruck thing cause i intend to put a mild bodykit on it. by mild i mean nothing extreme like the blitz bodykit or evo or anything like that. i am actually looking at the wave bodykit from VIS. but any way back on subject. at stock height with 17's and a bodykit i figure it will be ok. i'm ok w/ low profile but i really dont want rubberbands. and how do you get these offsets? are we talking spacers or what. i dont understand the whole offset and backspacing and all that. i understand tire dimentions but other than that im lost.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

never mind my question about offsets. i read more of the stickies and what not in other sectons of the forum and learned something.. humm, immagine that. anyway those rims have a 40mm offset. if i had looked at the listing closer it says it right on it.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 AM
HCF Member

does this look too big? Stock suspension, 205/40/17 nitto neogen tires, 17" ADR rims

Name:  100_2895.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  74.3 KB

Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Big EX - trust me, a body kit won't do much for the monster truck look... I was there two years ago (17's and a kit at stock height)... you'll still have the same amount of wheel gap.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

i was thinking that a bodykit with 17's would make it look like the body sat a little closer to the ground. i dont want to go with lowering springs because i scrape my muffler anytime i pull out of a driveway or parking lot with a decent grade to the street. i will even come in or out at an angle and i still scrape a lot of times. could be i have a broken or missing hanger but i dont know i havent looked.

inthezoneac, if you like it its fine, but i would put a lip kit or body kit on it to make it look like the body is lower to the ground. just my opinion.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, a body kit will make it look lower, but it'll still have pretty bad wheel gap. Personally, when I judge how low a car is, first I look at wheel gap, then I look how close the body is to the ground.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

Im not planning on lowering it, I did my research and i dont want my ride to be stiff and feel like im riding a golf cart. I have the stock suspension there which btw is in very good shape and the car looks pretty good. If I lowered it would look a little better, but trading comfort and spending money isnt worth the trade. Mabye when my stock shocks wear down ill change them to something lower.
To get back on topic, for now with the low profile tires the ride is a little stiffer but not a big difference from the stock rims+tires. The car handles better though because the rims are wider and of course it looks pretty good.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Big EZ

i was thinking that a bodykit with 17's would make it look like the body sat a little closer to the ground. i dont want to go with lowering springs because i scrape my muffler anytime i pull out of a driveway or parking lot with a decent grade to the street. i will even come in or out at an angle and i still scrape a lot of times. could be i have a broken or missing hanger but i dont know i havent looked.

inthezoneac, if you like it its fine, but i would put a lip kit or body kit on it to make it look like the body is lower to the ground. just my opinion.
screw body kits. I'm getting some kyb shocks/struts and H&R springs sometime in the next 2 months.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicn00b

Im not planning on lowering it, I did my research and i dont want my ride to be stiff and feel like im riding a golf cart. I have the stock suspension there which btw is in very good shape and the car looks pretty good. If I lowered it would look a little better, but trading comfort and spending money isnt worth the trade. Mabye when my stock shocks wear down ill change them to something lower.
To get back on topic, for now with the low profile tires the ride is a little stiffer but not a big difference from the stock rims+tires. The car handles better though because the rims are wider and of course it looks pretty good.
well coilovers will make it stiff, but I don't think lowering springs and new shocks/struts will be that bad.