General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

1994 civic help!!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Smile 1994 civic help!!!!

I am wanting to put a system in my car but where i want my amps and stuff there is a spare tire, jack and some other stuff. should I take all it out And go with my plan or leave it and start a new idea?????

Old 08-21-2008, 03:39 PM

I would go with a regular box. Taking the spare tire and jack out is not a good idea. I have had my fair share of nails in my tires, and I can vouch that the spare tire is definitely an important thing to have with you at all times.

I recommend putting in a wedge box that holds 2 subwoofers. To hold it in place, you could do what I did (if you're worried about it sliding around).

I bought an ebay rear upper strut bar, and then used some bendable brackets to secure my box to the strut bar. I used pieces of carpet in between the brackets and the strut bar to prevent rattling. The convenient part about this, was that I had to cut carpet from the trunk carpet in order to install the strut bar, so I just used that carpet as the padding in between the brackets and strut bar.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM

where did you end up putting the tire

Old 08-21-2008, 04:51 PM

it's in the spare tire well, where it would normally go.
you just put the box on top of the trunk's false floor.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya just hook it up regular and keep the spare tire and such where its at...
how many times will you need your spare tire? ive had my 99civic 2 years and never needed the spare tire, and it was bad anyways. odd.... had a tiny pin hole in the sidewall that can not be patched! and im to cheap to buy a new donut.LOL
so before you definatly want to keep the donut id sugest checking it and seeing if it holds air. the spare tire is the most overlooked thing on any car! if it looses air when you need it.... it will be NO GOOD.

just secure your subwoofer box somehow that is removable like pictured above.. or hell ive used regualar strong rope and some screws thru the rope into the back of the box and runing the rope thru the brace right under the floor near the backseat. it holds the box in place and the locks on the rear seat fold down keeps it dificult for a thief to just cut the rope just have a knife or screw driver so you can always undue it all to get your spare tire out...

Old 08-21-2008, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

I have my amps in the spare tire well and a bandpass box so i have to roll around with the donut on the floor in the back seat. but i would say to keep your spare where it is... eventually im gonna move mine back...

Old 09-02-2008, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

You do not want to be caught out on the road without a spare tire and jack, but maybe you'd like sitting on the side of the road listening to your 'nice looking' speaker setup....

Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

sure ya wouldnt.... but now adays doesnt everyone have a cell phone and friends?

i havent had a flat tire in at least 8years now

Old 09-02-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
i havent had a flat tire in at least 8years now
knock on wood man. lol
i used to say how i never ran over a nail after my first year of driving when all my friends had run over nails, and next thing you know i ran over like 3 nails in a 4 month period of time

Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ive had plenty of screws and nails in my tires BUT i check my tires psi at least once a week.... everytime i had a nail the pressure would be low and id simply take it to the tire shop and get it patched

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 civic help!!!!