General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

1994 Honda Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:31 AM
HCF Member
Default 1994 Honda Civic LX

I have a White Honda Civic LX (1994) I have posted on here before a couple of months ago but forgot wat i had asked (stupid me...) Everything on it is stock except the radio =). It is automatic and I want more power out of it. I want to do a auto to manual conversion and swap the engine out but don't know where to start or what kind of engine or anything. All I want is more power. Can someone please help me?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

There are tons of threads on more power just search(engine swaps,building engines, forced induction,nitrous, etc), but before you do any of that I would say switch it to manual, unless you are gonna swap engines then swap the trans at the same time to make sure you have the same series engine and tranny (d, b, k, etc.). Making it manual won't add power necessarily, although you will get a bit cuz the auto tranny saps some power, but it will make a very noticeable difference in performance and acceleration

Last edited by C-lo; 09-02-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

OK so i dont have to swap the trany to do an engine swap?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

And I also have a tan interior and I don't like it much any tips on what I should do to reupholster the whole car and how much cash it would take?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

OK so i dont have to swap the trany to do an engine swap?
No you misunderstood me. Unless you are swapping for another D-series engine (I'm assuming it's a D right now if it's a stock LX), then you NEED to swap a tranny to match your block. For example if you swapped in a b18 you would need a b-series tranny. Any engine and tranny from the same series should line up (there may be a few exceptions i'm not thinking of)

And I also have a tan interior and I don't like it much any tips on what I should do to reupholster the whole car and how much cash it would take?
Do you mean just like change the seats or the whole interior? You could change the color of the interior panels and dash with some vinyl dye and paint for plastics, or you could go to a junkyard and take the interior trim out of a civic with black or gray interior. If it's the seats you mean (I was assuming you meant just seats and maybe door panel cloth trim cuz you said reupholster), then you could always get seat covers or aftermarket seats, or you could get seats out of a junked civic, or use cloth dye on them

Last edited by C-lo; 09-02-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member

It's kind of pointless to have a high-performance engine with an auto transmission. So most people convert to manual at the same time they swap the engine. It is essential to do that if you go to a different series of engine because then your D-series transmission simply won't fit onto the new engine.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

Do you mean just like change the seats or the whole interior? You could change the color of the interior panels and dash with some vinyl dye and paint for plastics, or you could go to a junkyard and take the interior trim out of a civic with black or gray interior. If it's the seats you mean (I was assuming you meant just seats and maybe door panel cloth trim cuz you said reupholster), then you could always get seat covers or aftermarket seats, or you could get seats out of a junked civic, or use cloth dye on them
Yea I meant the whole tan color I want something that looks good and I mean the tan interior is in good shape and everything but I just want to change it because of my personal preference.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mk378
It's kind of pointless to have a high-performance engine with an auto transmission. So most people convert to manual at the same time they swap the engine. It is essential to do that if you go to a different series of engine because then your D-series transmission simply won't fit onto the new engine.
Ok I see what you are saying. (i am obviously a newbie) And I was looking at some engine swaps and the B16 and B18 is what I was lookin at but which one is better?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:44 PM

by changing all that stuff on the car you are just wasting your time
if you don't like the interior color, don't like the engine, and don't like the transmission, sell it and get a different one.
get a civic with a black interior (92-95 EX coupes, many of them are black interior)
get a civic with a manual transmission, and also the EX will have a VTEC SOHC engine, which is better than what you have
i vote for you to just sell your car before you mess with anything, and buy a 93-95 Civic coupe EX with manual tranny and black interior which is pretty easy to find if you look(there was no 92 coupe)

Old 09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

ok trustdestruction that may be a great idea haha. I wanna get into racing with a honda civic. Idk I jus like civics lol. Wat would a 92-95 EX coupe with manual trany cost around?

Quick Reply: 1994 Honda Civic LX