Victims of dealer fraud, GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!
To all owners of 1995, 1996, and 1997 Hondas except Passport:
1) The EPA - Honda settlement extends 8/80,000 warranty to 14/150,000 per consent decree in 1998.
2) See "Honda Service Bulletin 98-081" for details. Google it.
3) The consent decree and press release can be found at
"American Honda Motor Company Clean Air Act Settlement" 1998. A link to the consent decree is on page 2.
See pages 10, 11, and Appendix "B" for details. It also lists the models, parts, and labor covered.
4) It covers fuel tank, fuel system, intake, many, many sensors including o2, exhaust manifold,
catalytic converter, A-pipe (front), gaskets, etc.
5) It also covers a free change of spark plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, oil filter, and oil change plus all labor.
6) The service bulletin lists the hours Honda pays your dealer to do the work.
If your dealer charged you, he/she probably charged you a lot more. Go get your money back!!
7) The service does not need to be done at your dealer, but can be refunded by your Honda dealer.
They will charge Honda corporation. See your warranty manual or Google a copy online.
The manual has several pages on this, especially California.
8) The settlement covers an estimated 1,600,000 vehicles.
If dealers are cheating on even a small percent of these, this is fraud in the 100's of millions of dollars.
I have contacted the EPA and they are investigating.
Honda dealers are going to be in deep do-do if they don't go through their records and start sending out checks to the people they cheated.
This is FEDERAL LAW. The feds can shut them down!!!
The EPA would love the PR
from this one. Clean Air, Consumer Fraud, big company abuse, victimizing the owners...
9) You can look at the part numbers from your receipt and drawings at www.hondapartscheap.com
10) If you get a refund, please share part of it with a charity. I want nothing in return for this advice.
I did my reseach ahead of time, so I got mine covered fully, after hours of research and negotiating with the fraudulent dealer.