General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

1996 EX Sedan. <- Soon to be project.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
HCF Member
Default 1996 EX Sedan. <- Soon to be project.

So ya, today i picked up a 1996 EX sedan, with 260 thousand kilometers on it, the body is MINT! One MINOR dent, and not a single spec of rust, the paint is absolutaly beautiful too! Picked it up for $2800 And so far other then typical wear items, im pretty sure the only real noise its making is the throw-out bearing in the tranny.

SO what should i do? I have my ideas, but what are yours? (i will have pics soon)

Engine swap, Should i go with a B18 or B16? (has a D16Y7 in it now >.<)
what suspension upgrades should i get? (IE brands? what have you guys had good luck with?)

And anything else you guys can think of, im starting this SOON as it will be my daily driver pretty quick here if things go well.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

I would leave the body and interior alone for now.

If this is your first swap, then i would say go with a B series, i would kinda go with the B16B because you dont see them.
Just to be diff.

Suspension wise, i would look into K-sport, i know alot of people running around with there products and are holding up fine.

Cant wait to see some pic.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:11 PM

Nothing wrong with that y7, lol. But if you must swap, I'd also go with a B series.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Nothing wrong with that y7, lol. But if you must swap, I'd also go with a B series.
ex should be a y8 from what im thinking.. should be able to get rid of those parts pretty easy.. people always lookin for a mini me swap. fo-do FTW!! woooot

Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I agree with SPLAT...if you could get ur hands on a B16b thatd be a prety nice set up (stock theyre suppost to havemore than 180hp) but if between the B18 and B16 id prolly say a B16 cause stock they kick out more horses (like 160-somethin)...also exterior and interior wise id say stock interior but lip the front bumper, amber fogs, and suspension asap haha oh and HID's. Just my ideas for a hx

Ps cant wait for pics

Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

@Splat, Well... In a civic this is my first "Swap" i put a new engine in a Toyota Celica i had (had to convert from OBD2 to OBD1)
As for the B16B, that would indeed be fun ha ha
Thanks for the tip towards Ksport as well...

@WellFedHobo Well... there is though... So just one question (i know the EG's WAY better) the Y7 is supposed to be the Vtech head then?
But the engine is NOT happy, pretty bad valve tick, and its has some pretty bad "Blow By" over 4500 Rpm.

@Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)

I like the lip idea... also the fogs.. but i probably will go with the smoked ones, because i need to replace the headlight lenses (really foggy) and im going with the Clear black housing ones. And as for HID, i kinda want to go for a nice BI-Xenon for the headlights, and some cheap ebay kit for the fogs ha ha.

And sorry for the bad pic, i will get some better ones during the daylight tommorrow.

Attached Thumbnails 1996 EX Sedan. &lt;-  Soon to be project.-img_0303.jpg  

Last edited by Largen; 03-30-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Pics..
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
HCF Member

civic monster truck! hah get that thing lowered asap

Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

no the d16y7 is non vetc. the d16y8 is the vetc motor. and good luck with the car

Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by civic96lx
civic monster truck! hah get that thing lowered asap
I KNOW! i did not notice it really before, but that car is SO HIGH! i think it will look quite sharp dropped 1.5"

@Dipset, Thanks ya i really was not sure, i have a whole lot of new engines to learn here

And at everyone else, I have been looking at Swap info, but im having a hard time finding anything, literaly, i keep getting people asking the same question, and everyone else saying google it. But when you google it, no answeres come up because so many people ask the question. So have any links for me? (i will be doing some form of a B16 swap) Thanks!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

1.5" drop will still leave a big gap, at least get like H&R springs for a 2" drop, or man up to some Skunk2 2.5" drop. Coilovers would be your best bet though.

Quick Reply: 1996 EX Sedan. <- Soon to be project.