General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Guy, Looking For A Daily

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Default New Guy, Looking For A Daily

Hi guys and gals, new here. I cam here to the forums looking for info and guidance on getting myself a car. Heres a quick background on myself.

I'm 18 years old and I live south of Dallas Texas. I do live out in the country on a farm but I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 to do all the hauling stuff with, I am needing a good reliable car for daily driving though and Civics have peaked my interest. I work full time but I am not making the largest amount of money so I am looking for something used. Here is a little quick info on what I would like to have in a car.

Reliable
Affordable
Good MPG
Fun to drive
MANUAL trans, three pedals is the only way I will have it
Fast
Comfortable ride
Maybe a sunroof
Love hatchbacks too so definitely a hatchback or coupe

Soo thats about it. Just wanting something cheap and reliable but also something I can mildly mod and make pretty quick. I am pretty certain I want a Civic, they are everywhere and affordable and I assume parts and cheap as well.

I have lived in the country and on a farm all my life I know next to nothing about cars, know tons about trucks but very little about cars so thats why I am here. What is a good Civic to look for? Budget of about $5000. What year models are better than others? What are common problems they have? I know I probably have or should be asking more questions but I am kinda drawing a blank at the moment. Anyways, what are some suggestions yall may have? As stated I am very new to all of this so I will ask dumb questions like these. Any and all help yall can provide would be great!! Thanks!

Last edited by 98Murray; 07-05-2016 at 06:55 PM.