General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2 piece antenna

Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
HCF Member
Default 2 piece antenna

So last weekend I finally had a chance to replace my broken antenna on my '00 Civic. I had done this on my previous 95 civic and it was fairly easy I just tied a string to the one end of the antenna where it goes into my deck and pulled from the top outside the car. Apparently the geniouses at Honda decided that on the newer Civics they would make the antenna 2 pieces and I didn't realize this until it was too late... It took me over 2 hours and 2 phone calls to the dealer near me to get the new antenna back into my car lol. Once I did this, I went to make sure that I had it in right before I put all the panels back on and everything, and i had no fuel pump, no idiot lights, and no radio.......[sm=headbang.gif] I was not very happy with myself lol. I went and bought a fuse tester and none of the fuses under the dash had any power, so I tested the ones under the hood and they were all ok. After about another 2.5 hours of playing around and wanting to throw my car off a cliff, I realized I had unplugged a connection into the back of the fuse box. I plugged it back in and the car started right up. I felt really dumb but its hard when you are 6' 2" trying to get under your dash trying to pull an antenna wire out from behind the hood release when you can barely get your head under there without mashing it against the clutch lol. I must have hit that wire by accident in the process of trying to move around under there lol. Anyway, lesson learned and I figured maybe this fiasco could come in handy for someone else if they ran into the same problem... At least the new antenna I replaced it with was a one piece lol