General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2 things, redline and gas....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2 things, redline and gas....

lol damn, now i know it's an enigma

Old 12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well my thing is WHY push it that hard???? just because the computer will ALLOW it to be reved that hard doent mean you have to......

case and point..... my 94 civic i bought with a blown Z6 stock computer..... and he said hes replaced it several times.... so im preaty sure he ran it to the rev limiter WAY TO MUCH and over so many times well... eventualy its gonna do SNAP and cause HUGE FAILURE.... main reason why i got my 94coupe so cheap

and now that i have it all swaped out and another Z6 instaled i tend to be easy with it... i TYPICALY shift around 2.5K rpms or maybe 4K rpms every now and then. and ONLY WHEN I WANT TO HAVE ALITTLE FUN will i kick that sucker up around 6K rpms...... to me its just not needed to rev that high.... higher ya rev the more damage you can do.

just be easy.... save that motor alittle it will thank you and live longer

Old 12-15-2007, 12:42 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well my thing is WHY push it that hard???? just because the computer will ALLOW it to be reved that hard doent mean you have to......
and now that i have it all swaped out and another Z6 instaled i tend to be easy with it... i TYPICALY shift around 2.5K rpms or maybe 4K rpms every now and then. and ONLY WHEN I WANT TO HAVE ALITTLE FUN will i kick that sucker up around 6K rpms...... to me its just not needed to rev that high.... higher ya rev the more damage you can do.

just be easy.... save that motor alittle it will thank you and live longer

lol never said i did, just wanted to know why it says that and where does it give out at.

you just made it seem like were driving twins bro =)

Old 12-16-2007, 11:20 AM

KOFMIBUELG -Generally speaking, the same detergents are in 87 octane as are in 89, 91 and 93 octane. Having said that, you need to be aware that gasoline companies, as a whole, have gradually been decreasing the amount of detergents and other additives in recent years. The bottom line is that if you want to keep your injectors running clean, no matter what brand of gasoline you buy, dump a can of injector cleaner in your gas tank every time you do an oil change. Once again, there is NO benefit to running a higher octane than your owner's manual recommends. If you do, your just wasting money and putting additional dollars in the pockets of oil company executives.