General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2006 Civic...Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Default RE: 2006 Civic...Suggestions?

damn..this kind of sucks..I really like the look and feel of the new 2006 honda civic...but I also want a reliable car that isn't going to have serious problems because of a big revamp. Does anyone have any pictures of the interior and exterior of the 05's that I could peak at...not ****ty renders from their website..like..good pictures..so I can really get a good feel on what they look like...

If I can't find any 05's (should be able to)

then I'm thinking about saying to hell with it and going with a 2006 Toyota Corolla or a 2006 Nissan Sentra possibly.

Let me know what you guys think I should do.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:11 PM

2005 will save you thousands & reliability & quality won't be an issue.

I was told by a car dealer friend of mine (BMW) never to buy the first year model of a new product line. Honda may be a different story.

I was in the same situation. I realized the 06's had better horsepower & depending on your taste it appears the 06's look more like an ACURA than a Honda. To be honest I'm not too crazy about the 06 body style, speciffically the front end & grill. I knew the 05 (7th generation had the bugs worked out of it and----THE main reason I bought the 2005 Civic Coupe LX SE was the price. The dealer threw in the Special Edition Package for free and I walked out of there getting a my brand new 2005 for $15,650 plus tax. The dealer said it was $100 over invoive. (he probably was lying but the sticker was a bit over 18 grand. My payments are under $300 a month and I absolutely love the car. With the help of the great guys on this website I am soon to install mods that will get me over the 06 performance specs, and not for that much money. I found a guy on this site who is selling me a brand new magnaflow cat back exaust & injen air intake system, both for $350 shipping included.

The bottom line right now this month is cost. End of the year clearances are going on and there are some excellent deals on 05's. Right now you can steal a 05, if money is not an issue and you like the new style then get a 06.

Keep in mind the 2006 interior is a total redesign also, the digital instrumentation, fancy dials, new button switch locations and satellite linked navigation system with voice recognition and digital audio card reader (EX) may be overkill for a car that has been traditionally known for it's simplicity.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE.

ROB from NJ

Old 10-18-2005, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

i would go with somthing between 2000-2005..with low km

Old 10-19-2005, 06:40 AM
HCF Member

I wouldn't have bought a Civic if it wasn't for the '06. I'm not at all worried about it being a first of a new body style. The interior is so much nicer than anything else in it's class. The modern look, and especially the Nav is what really what drew me in. I highly doubt this will be a problem car, and if it has any little issues, big deal use your warranty. The same things are being said over on the R6 boards with the new one coming. Anytime theres a major change in any vehicle people say the same things, and usually there's no major problems. Having several American cars prior to this one, I'm pretty sure even the '06 will be better than those. The '06 has brought this car to a whole new level, and thats why I bought it. I constantly hear "Wow, THAT'S a Civic?"

Old 10-19-2005, 08:08 AM

man..I'm still iffy...you guys with 06's...how are they? the steering, the control, the interior..are they comfortable? Can you notice the horsepower increase?

Thansk for the replies everyone

Old 10-19-2005, 09:00 AM

DUDE:

You act like you have a major problem on your hands. Do you know how many people would give their right arm to be in your situation ? This is a good problem to have, trust me-----

"should I buy a brand new 2005 or a brand new 2006 ?, it's not like you have a crisis on your hands or need to choose which doctor is going to perform brain surgery on you------------- Just buy one ----------- 05 or 06, just do it and stop farting around worring about this and that.

By the time you make up your mind the 07's will be out.

If you want a 06 and can afford it then go buy one today !

If money is an issue & you want to save a few thousand peso's then go negotiate a deal on a 05 and get it over with, there are 2005's out there, you just have to look around. Either way your getting a brand new Honda product that will give you years of satisfaction.

Now stop with the crying and sign on the dotted line. If you deceide on a 05 Civic and can't find one then I will sell you mine for the payoff value. It's a pristine 2005 Civic Coupe LX special Edition with 3000 miles on it, (I just bought a magnaflow cat back exaust & Injen air intake system, I'll throw them in for free ($500 value) plus I bought an additional warranty (72 month 100,000 mile) ---OK---------------------------then I will get a 06 Civic SI (197 HP) to cruise around town.................

GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU DECEIDE--------AFTER ALL THIS WE SHOULD KNOW WHAT YOU BOUGHT !!!

CHOW

ROB from NJ

Old 10-19-2005, 09:25 AM

whoa chill out man. I'm not going to be ready to buy a new car until the end of the month. I'm getting opinions. I'm being smart before I just jump into buying a car. Buying a car is a pretty big deal that deserves a lot of research. There's a brand new honda civic out with a lot of revamps and overhauls and I'm trying to determine if the 06 Honda would be as smart or smarter to buy than the 05. I'm also trying to get the difference between the 2 so I can make a well thought out decision. I might even go with a Toyota or a Nissan. I'm not sure yet. Chill out.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Esquirrel

man..I'm still iffy...you guys with 06's...how are they? the steering, the control, the interior..are they comfortable? Can you notice the horsepower increase?

Thansk for the replies everyone
The steering feels light to me, but I have had 3 Camaro/Trans Ams's before this, so I know they are completely different. Although I like the light feeling. This car is fun to drive, I actually look forward to going out. The interior is great, prolly it's biggest asset. Supiorior quality to all the buttons & stitches. Sure there's alot of plastic in there, but it's all very good lookin. You have to remember this is still an entry level Honda. The seats are very comfortable, no lumbar or side bolster adjustments, but it does ok without them. As far as the HP, I've never driven a Civic before, and coming from my previous car, no little import's HP would impress me. I by far believe it's the best car in it's class. I considered a Mazda 3, but when I saw/drove the Civic I knew this was the car for me.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

How about test driving both cars and go with what you like. Honda is still producing a good quality vehicle and there's always warranty. There's always a risk when buying a new car whether it is 05 or 06 or any other car company. Personally, I don't like the 06 except for the SI.

I think you're on the right track by getting all the information you need to make a decision but when you come down to it, buy what you like 'cause if you don't, you'll regret it. I mean the color, the options and all other things you want the car to have. Go for it!!

Old 10-21-2005, 08:01 AM

Well I think an 05 would be the better route to go..The problem is..there're NO dealers within 100..200..even 300 miles from where I live who have any 05's left. All they have is demos. So Here are my choices..I know this is a honda civic forum, but I'll see what you guys think..here are my choices:

1.) 2005 Honda Civic LX or EX Sedan (Known for reliability and there's mad rebates going on right now)

That's probably the car I want. I really want an 05 but I just can't seem to find them anywhere...so here are my next set of choices if I can't find an 05:

2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Automatic
2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Automatic
2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Automatic

do you guys know anything about these cars ^

Quick Reply: 2006 Civic...Suggestions?