General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2007 Civic EX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Default 2007 Civic EX Sedan

Hey all,

I know hardly anything about cars, but I was hoping someone here could help me out with this. I'm close to buying a used 07 Civic EX (white) but I had a question about the factory headlights that come with that model. The one that I'm looking at seems to have the (forgive me, I don't know what they're called) super bright white/blueish tinted headlights in them. They look normal on the outside, but when they are on it gives off a blueish/white color opposed to the normal yellowish color that most cars have. Is this the factory lights? Are these the ones that come in this model? Or did the seller put in 3rd party lights?

Please help!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

They're aftermarket bulbs - the factory ones (like what's in our '09 Civic EX) are yellow halogens. If they're just replacement bulbs, I'd swap them out with incandescent ones. The bluish ones put out less visible light, and completely disappear in the rain.

Do you know what HID headlights look like (think the small, round, purplish ones on high-end BMW, Mercedes-Benz, etc)? They're going to appear MUCH brighter. Sometimes those will be installed into OEM headlight housings, but are not designed for the reflector-type stock headlights on your Civic. If you have those on your car, you'll probably find a small, ballast box wired near the back of the headlights and are spliced into the wiring.

Long story short, go back to the halogen bulbs, and you'll be much happier.