General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2007 Honda Civic Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Default RE: 2007 Honda Civic Coupe

OK, so I've owned a 94 SI, a 99 LX sedan, a 2000 EX coupe, a 2001 EX Sedan, and now an '07 EX coupe, so I think I know a little about Civics. This guy's all hot air man. The '07 is awesome in power, handling, and fuel economy. They got the balance just right for me. Like others have said, go drive it and think for yourself. I got $1200 off list, (and no BS charges), I'm sure others will do better than that.

Peace

Old 02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

They're really not awesome in power, but they're not meant to be...civics are economic cars with great reliablility, great mileage, great depreciation values, and them being a little fun to drive and a little sporty is an after thought. You'll like it, but don't expect it to be a rocket (unless you plan on swapping or boosting)

Old 02-09-2007, 07:08 AM

i really hope it has better acceleration then my taurus... my taurus drives and handles like a boat.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

Man, that video pissed me off. Maybe it'd be a bit faster if he wasn't such a fat bitch.

I'd like to see him drive in a boosted civic.

I'd also like to bitch slap him across his fat gerber baby face.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 AM

Go test drive an Si i have no regrets about mine best bang for the buck on the road and i drive them all because of work

Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

Dont listen to them. I like how they act like it should be a fast car. The guy is like OMG this car is so slow. What is he expecting out of a fuel effiecient car? Even so it has decent power more then previous civics 140hp. Those 2 are retarded.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ChaosTheory101

Well i'm looking to buy a black 2007 honda civic lx coupe. alot of my friends have said its a ***** *** four banger. i even went on google and look at what this guy said about it:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...oupe&hl=en
is he right?
What a classless moron. Civics, or any other vehicle for that matter, aren't the be-all and end-all for everybody, but...that'd be like me complaining about MPG in 4Low, or seating for 5, in my lifted Wrangler. Was he expecting 300 stock HP with that 35MPG? The car seemed plenty quick enough for commuting to me. He was coming up on traffic pretty quick. I'll bet he'd see better acceleration if he wasn't 300lb too. Did he suggest a quicker 35MPG gasser? No. Why not? Because I doubt there is one even out on the market. Did he even suggest any other vehicle? No. Did he offer his own vehicle as a comparison in several different areas of criteria? No. Why not? Probably because he's too stupid to present anything other than a one-sided whine.

It's fat-***, gluttonous idiots like this that make me want to invest in petroleum futures...and globally legislate for limiting birth-rates to control population growth.

Is your self-esteem strong enough that you can make your own decisions, regardless of whether or not you agree with your "friends"? Me? I'd get an economy car, and invest the gas/insurance money I saved. Then I'd laugh my butt off at all those people when I sold my first house for a profit, while they're still living in mom's basement. You may have other priorities.

Take a test-drive, and judge for yourself. Your wants in a vehicle may be VERY different from other peoples'. My mild Jeep puts out more power than I need, even with stock gears turning bigger tires. My 107HP D16Y7 '00 Civic sedan pulls even better on the road. If I want "quick", I ride a moto. A half-decent bike will flat-out embarass a "quick" car, at a WAY lower price.

I've got a wealthy buddy with a 300+HP Hemi Grand Cherokee Limited. He usually commutes in his Dodge Sprinter RV with like 150HP though. Why? The Jeep gets 18-19MPG if he's gentle with it. If he's not, it gets a little over 12MPG. The Sprinter generally gets 20-25MPG, even while towing a moderate load. He got the Jeep mostly to tow his 6000lb boat, which is heavier than the Sprinter can handle without upgrades. If the weather is nice, and he doesn't have to haul any cargo, he rides his 650cc BMW moto, which gets like 60MPG and just "shrugs off" most cars in acceleration. Do you know what he drove the first couple years of getting his business off the ground? Motos, a '00 Civic VP sedan, and a '05 Civic EX sedan. He kept 4dr SUVs around for hauling clients and towing, but they spent WAY more time getting expensive service. I remember when his credit was so bad in school that he asked me to help him buy a bicycle. He credits the low-cost Hondas with helping him to get ahead.

Only ignorant weenies with low self-esteem need crazy power for "cruising" the street, IMO.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

Man, that video pissed me off. Maybe it'd be a bit faster if he wasn't such a fat bitch.

I'd like to see him drive in a boosted civic.

I'd also like to bitch slap him across his fat gerber baby face.
LOL that about sums up that guy. If he is fine having to pay 20000 more and more on gas on every fillup, then let him be. But for the rest of us, we are VERY happy with our civics.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

We have an '06 LX sedan with the 1.8l motor.The 140hp 1.8l i-VTEC isn't the engine you want if you want performance (get an Si that has the 197hp 2.0l DOHC i-VTEC), but it will pull down 35-36 mpg, even running 70-85 mph. Not the fastest car, but it's got decent mid-range acceleration and top end is typical rev-happy Civic. I don't know about newer models, but the only thing our Civic needs is a better set of sway bars- the handling could be alot better, considering it already has 16" rims and 205/55R16s.

Geno