General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2010 Civic Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:52 AM

I did go to the head of the Finance Dept. Although they would not allow me to return or refund the price of the security system , the service dept of Honda did activate my "movement alarm." The Finance Manager also told me that he would reprimand the finance guy for hurling insults at me. When I was talking to the Finance Manager, that guy was still yelling things about me from his office. And the Manager had to go over and close his door! He was probably praised for his deceptive ability to sell the alarm though!

So at least I eventually got what I paid for. But it still bothers me that I did not get that what I thought I bought, due to the deceptiveness of the finance guy. I was actually more interested in purchasing the "fuel-shut-off system" than the "movement alarm."

As far as a lawsuit, you have to keep in mind that any case has a burden of proof. Can I PROVE the deception involved in the sale of this alarm. It would be my word against his. The finance guy later claimed that he never said that and told me that all their transactions are recorded by a hidden videocams in their offices. But when I said, "Let's look at it then," they refused. From now on, in any major transaction, I will be wired, recording the transaction myself.

As far as spreading the word, most businesses no longer consider this a threat. I believe this is due to the declining ratio of business to people. The old axiom , "The customer is always right and the old business attitude, " keep them coming back even if it means taking a loss," no longer applies. Customers are now just one little peon in a sea on peons. Even in the business that I work in, when we encounter a complaining customer, we tell them to take their business elsewhere.

Thanks for the support though. I just hope my posting will stop someone else from being scammed. Yolanda

Old 12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

idk where your from but a reputable business wont want bad words thrown out there with their name on it..