General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

79 Civic Build. Something.... Different.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Default RE: 79 Civic Build. Something.... Different.

while you may not see many on the road... in my world every 1st gen civic i see is restored, chromed bumpers and all. dont get me wrong.. they look beautiful. and i WILL do another one of these projects... besides my gf's.. i will restore one to a very originalish look, nice chrome bumperswith a modest d16 swap. just a very nice daily driver. this is pretty much exactly what i would build.. its gotta be one of my fav civics ive seen redone yet.

and when i make my street one, it will be a "trunk model" just like that one vs the hatch back i have now.

this one is going to be a strictly drag car. not a street car. even though it will prob be street legal. its a drag car. so no bumper on this one, and also for the first one i do, i want it to be different.

but thanks for the support!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 AM
HCF Member

wow...amazing...good luck on the build.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

That's awesome! Can't wait to see it finished. Also, I love the green civic pictured above. I have a 1980 Civic hatch that I badly want to restore and swap in a B16. Also, if you haven't already, head on over to 1stgencivic.org They're a friendly bunch, and would love to see that project.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civic79

while you may not see many on the road... in my world every 1st gen civic i see is restored, chromed bumpers and all. dont get me wrong.. they look beautiful. and i WILL do another one of these projects... besides my gf's.. i will restore one to a very originalish look, nice chrome bumperswith a modest d16 swap. just a very nice daily driver. this is pretty much exactly what i would build.. its gotta be one of my fav civics ive seen redone yet.

and when i make my street one, it will be a "trunk model" just like that one vs the hatch back i have now.

this one is going to be a strictly drag car. not a street car. even though it will prob be street legal. its a drag car. so no bumper on this one, and also for the first one i do, i want it to be different.

but thanks for the support!
Ah yes, I see where you're going. So this will be a unique dragster with the 79 as its genesis. I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

That green Civic is quite a surprise also, I'm glad people are preserving an important car.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Thats some awesome work, I take my hat off to you, you have skill for sure...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:44 PM

dont worry, ive been browsin 1st gen civic.org fora loooong time. and for the first part of my build i wasnt very well liked. most frowned on all the fiberglass work and custom bumpers, said i was destroying a classic lol. but the new design they are all coming around on.

and unique is exactly what i want it to be.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

Wow real nice, keep us updated wih pictures whenever you can

Old 02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

Wow.....this is going to sweet

Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 PM

i actually liked your first bumper idea...a lot.
and your fiberglass dash was bomb.

but are you keeping the teg engine? or are you going to go with something else?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:58 PM

im keeping the teg motor.

they are a pretty solid little motor, and really take well to boost. and i dont want to fab up mounts for this motor, then pull it out and fab up a new set of mounts for a different motor. so ill keep it.

Quick Reply: 79 Civic Build. Something.... Different.