General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

7th gen test drive soon

Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Default 7th gen test drive soon

Hey everyone. I will be checking out a 2004 Civic Ex for my sister this afternoon and I was looking for some advice on what to look for. I'm not new to Hondas. I used to drive a 96 Civic (my sister has it now) and now I have a Prelude. The dealer wants 9100 and the car has 98xxx miles on it. KBB puts it at 9900 in excellent condition so Im going to see if I can knock the price down a bit.

Im just trying to find out if the 7th gen civics have any particular issues with them that you would only know about if you own one.

Im hoping it works out because I get the 96 Civic back then. Such a reliable little car.

Thanks alot guys!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

I own a 7th Gen. I've had it for 4 years. It's an LX and it has given me zero problems. I love the car so much! The only problem I have found is that there is very little after market support for the 7th Gen. Other than that, the car itself is just like any other honda. Very reliable. =)

Old 03-15-2010, 04:51 PM

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

all i can say as negotiating goes, go in with a set price on what you would like to pay. ii learned this from my girls dad. go in and say that you want it for that price and thats all you can do. they will most likely say no we cant do that price and drop it alittle and say thats all they can do. but they firm and say you cant go any higher then the price you set. they will try to send some else over and pull the "the previous guy cant do this price but since im a supervisor or something the best i can do is blah blah" but still stay firm with your price. if they say no. have you sister walk to the car while you have to go to the bathroom (make it seem like you guys are done with the sale and dont want to deal with them anymore). and on your way out to the door, they will most likely stop you. but make sure before you have your sister leave and you go to the bathroom. give them your phone number and tell them if they can get you the deal at the price you set to give you a call. sure them thats the price you will settle with. and a sale is better then no sale to them.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 PM

my 01 ex is a 7th gen and i love it outside of the fact that my buddy just broke the positive terminal on the alternator.

coilplugs are a bit pricy but what can you do

my buddy has an 02 ex 4 door and we are going to be building them together so id love to see what you are going to do with that one, if anything

an the best thing for the deal is to set your price below what you want to pay. it you want to pay 8500 tell them you can only do 8250 cash and see where you can go from there. im in sales and its better to low ball than to just try to stay firm.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I checked out the car last night and it actually looks really nice. Its got 89xxx on it, and its the metallic Gray color. I really didnt even have anything to throw at them to knock the price down. The car in all was in pretty nice shape, and its already priced about a grand lower than KBB.

It has the typical honda cancer on the rear wheel well lip but it looks like just surface rust so Ill hit it with the dremel, rustoleum, and then touch up paint. LOl I had to explain to the salesman why the radio just said code, and then tell him how to fix it.

Originally Posted by frankenstein616
my buddy has an 02 ex 4 door and we are going to be building them together so id love to see what you are going to do with that one, if anything
Good luck with your builds. Haha its going to be my sisters car. So if you want to me to start a build thread consisting of pink flip flop decals, a pink steering wheel cover, and stupid sh*t hanging from the mirror ill be sure to get going on that lol. I'm hoping she gets it cause Ill get my 96 Ex back that I gifted to her when I got my lude. I wish it was 5 speed cause I would seriously consider an H22 swap. I would love a K20 though, but that all costs lots of money so maybe its a good thing its auto lol.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by frankenstein616
my 01 ex is a 7th gen.
My buddy has a 7th gen ex. he loves it.