General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

'88 HATCH RESTORE PROJECT

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:27 AM
HCF Member
Default '88 HATCH RESTORE PROJECT

comeing along, considering i drive the car everyday, not to mention all the rain, its been a wet rough ride but almost got the car in shape, history is purchased car from cop auction for $500.00. ran pretty strong, if completely stock and totally neglected, previous owner lived close to beach which is hell on metals. so neglect in this case is extreme, we're talkin' greasy hand prints all over the paint, trim missing in places, bad scratches, corrosion, no sounds, no door panels, rear panels broken, no console, no visors,and despite all these the car PASSED smog 1st try, only adjusted the idle. now i've removed /shaved the trim from passenger side, starting driver side tonight. installed pioneer head unit, fosgate 4004 amp, polk audio sreakers, fropm honda only salvage have replaced door and rear panels, prelude buckets, console and visors, dash change imenent,also from salvage a 91 crx 5 speed, and panther rims, just installed halo projectors or "angel eyes", big improvement , oh yeah also lowered with newspeed sports 2"f and 1.8"r camber corrected with no parts, for $65 per wheel a shop put it on machine and bent the knuckle to acheive factory settings again (alignment included in price, canber kits about 180.00 plus labor plus align plus return visits cuz they are adjustable) SCORE.. also a ricey short ram, but functional, and a cat back 2.25 with silencer (for about 3 days, some mo**er f****r stole that when i wadsin store buying amp, to lazy to work for their own crap, I HATE THEIVE'S..........oh sorry... now to finish removing door trim (was allowing water to enter thru clip holes) and pick a color, another chalenge, since i m color blind l.o.l. no realy tho i m color blind, heres the older pics again, god i wish i had digital camera when i started .........enough. newer pics when rain stops