General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

92 hatch cx

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Default 92 hatch cx

got myself a hatch a month ago...kind of a mess, and not sure which direction to go in. came with the palmy blue interior, kind of an fml if i do say so...BUT everyone seems to be swapping for black interiors. which, is awesome, cause i was on that route with a 96 gsr i had at one point (rip). thought about keeping the blue interior since it's something DIFFERENT. yay's or nay's?

i have some questions pertaining to the exterior though...
is it at all possible to swap one piece headlights into the front of these things? i've lost my touch with hondas after i sold my teg and bought a mustang (started learning about that format instead...stupid modular engines...)

also...how much harder is it to swap for a k series over lets say...a b18c series?

and...i have clothe teg seats in it (front) and was thinking maybe s2k or rsx seats, would they fit well? or too much modding? i want something that would be slightly on the bolt in with minor modding, cause my access to heavy tools (grinders, cutters, welders) is out of the question at the moment, and i'm the type of person that would go out of their way to make something look like it was supposed to be there instead of hacking and half n halving it.... (blue s2k seats would look like sex in with the palmy blue interior though...)

any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Funtington
stick it in the butt and pee.
Explain yourself or be banned

Old 02-16-2011, 04:13 AM

Not sure what's going on with that idiot, but okaaaay.

How clean is the blue interior? If it's still good or at least serviceable, keep it. I've swapped interiors and probably wouldn't do it again. Can you create a them around the blue?

There are some aftermarket one piece headlights you can buy, but I believe the only options look really ricey.

K series requires much more work. You'll have to get different axles, mounts, etc of course. B series is a much more straight forward swap.

I know that S2k seats require some welding on the seat rails. Not sure about RSX seats. I know that they are NOT direct swap.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Explain yourself or be banned

not trying to cause a ruckus, but just having a bit of fun. Coming from my home bmx forum, it is all a bit more relaxed.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Funtington
not trying to cause a ruckus, but just having a bit of fun. Coming from my home bmx forum, it is all a bit more relaxed.
Never disrespect members like that again. First, last, only warning. We are relaxed enough here, but stuff like that has no place on this forum.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Never disrespect members like that again. First, last, only warning. We are relaxed enough here, but stuff like that has no place on this forum.
Did not dis-respect anyone. I posted a joke. When his post was un- answered for a long time, he is not even active in the forum. I typed a joke. I did not personally attack anyone, it was just a smart ***/retarded statement for fun. obviously not that relaxed... I understand generally no cursing, and decent grammar, but a little troll here and there is funny in my opinion. guarantee someone read it and laughed.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM

actually someone read it and reported it. that's why we're on your case

Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 AM

sorry for the lack of response. the blue interior is decent. all the more major parts are still good. only pieces that need to be replaced due to broken tabs are things like the rear quarter plastic, door sill plates and a few vents. my dash is blue and gray also. was that normal for hondas? the center console doesnt fit correctly either, the front piece doesnt line up with the holes in the chassis, kind of weird. and carpet needs to be replaced.

other then that, everything is decent. im on civic-eg.com also and someone posted up some blue s2k seats. ONLY 350!! i crapped.... would look good, but don't have the money...

i thought about spraying the exterior dark blue or black. would look good with the blue interior. then that way, i would have an easier time pulling off black carpet and black seats. and possibly black or darker blue door inserts.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:25 AM

I don't think blue interiors are common at all. I'd like to see some pics. I'm also curious about things not lining up, as you mentioned.

I would do a black exterior with the blue interior.

My car is gold and used to have a brown interior. Boring outside, boring inside. I converted to a black and grey (and purple, oops) interior and kept the gold exterior. Looks much better.

I guess we just need a visual on your car.