General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

'94 dx coupe

Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Default '94 dx coupe

Hey guys,

Posting another "what do you think" thread.
you guys really helped me with the last one, but somone beat me to it.

so im looking at a 95 dx coupe, 124k miles. asking $1500.

here is what the add says,
This is a 1994 Honda Civic, 1.5 liter, DX, front wheel drive, automatic, coupe (two door). It has 124,000 miles on it, and it runs well for me as a daily driver to work and back. It was just inspected and passed emissions at the end of April, so inspection and emissions are good until April 30, 2009. There are some modifications to the car, but this car is not a Fast and Furious race car. I put on a cold-air intake, a new downpipe, sport catalytic converter, Apex-i cat-back full exhaust, new performance spark plugs, new starter, new plug wires, a body kit-which could use a little bit of work at the right rear and some paint. Iput on anew distributer, new fuel pump, new brakes, throttle body spacer, altezza taillights, halo headlights, side marker lights(like turn signals, but on the front fenders), had the head machined, new valve cover gasket, new head gasket, new cooling fan, new condenser fan. I have had the A/C charged three times, and it will not hold a charge. I simply drive with the windows down and sunroof open. I had a nice set of rims put on this car, but they have lost their luster, and two center caps. I also installed a Pioneer 7300 head unit and put in 2-12" Rockford Fosgate Punch HE subwoofers that will come with the car. This car needs some paint, the rear bumper secured on the right side, and some TLC. It is not a beauty, but it has definite potential. My original aspirations were to paint the car all black, and to redo the interior with teal leather, but I ran out of money, and more than anything-time. I hope that one of you will find interest in this car. It is a good reliable car,I am just in need of something bigger since the kids will be coming soon.

the part about remachining the head...? could there me problems, i dont even know what that means.

there is a little patch of rust, rear quarterpanel, I hear its the civic norm, but still...

Am i getting in over my head for a first car ? i just put in a new radiator in a friends jeep, with his help, but thats about the most complex thing iv done on a car.

thanks a bunch guys, looking forward to hearing what you think!
Andy

Old 05-15-2008, 06:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: '94 dx coupe

Not to sure what remachining the head means either, but sounds like a pretty good deal. go for it but try and cut a deal with the guy see if you can get it cheaper.. never hurts to try. and the rust is a common thingdunno if youve ever done body work but its pretty easy to fix. i got a 94 dx with a few mods i love the thing. hoping to throw my k20 in it by the winter if i dont get a new car. but it sounds good though.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Default RE: '94 dx coupe

thanks, im really bumed that its an automatic(and a sedan would be better)... but otherwise, its what iv been looking for.

anyone else have $0.02 ?

who knows about re-machining a head?!