General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

95 Civic EX Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Default 95 Civic EX Questions

Thanks to you guys here and some dudes over at the hotrodders forum I got the civic radiator support pulled and a new one welded in. Almost all back together except for a few hold-ups.

I have a couple of questions to get it back together.....

1A.) While pulling the radiator the two threaded hoses on the bottom nuts were rusted pretty bad and I could not get them back on I figure it would be best to replace them anyway. What are there hoses called and where do they run to change out? Where is a good source to find replacements?

1B.) Are there bolts that bolt the bottom of the radiator to the indents in the radiator support, or is it just rubber feet?

2.) The bushings? & bolts? under the ac condenser that bolt to the rad support were rusted and shot. What are they called and where is a good source to get new ones?

3.) I need to find a replacement fender/ body bolt where is a good source

4.)I need the bolt and square nut that bolts the fan to the radiator were would I look?

5.) How do I pull the windshield washer fluid lines that connect from the hood to the plastic bracket? Is there a trick or do I need to pull harder?

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Recognized HCF Member

1a. Transmission cooler hoses (used only w/ automatic transmission). If the fittings on the radiator are bad you have to replace the whole radiator.

1b. Just rubber feet on the bottom. Same with the condenser, once the top is unbolted the radiator or condenser just lifts out.

2,3,4. Parts car or dealer. The square nuts come with the radiator. Not sure if sold separately. All these bolts and nuts are standard M6, you can use regular bolts with fender washers to attach the fender.

5. For barbed fittings, push on the edges of the end of the hose and push it off the fitting. If you just yank on the hose itself it contracts and grabs the fitting tighter, you need to push instead so it expands. If that doesn't work, use a razor blade to carefully slit the hose being careful not to damage the fitting. Cut the slit part off so the hose is a little shorter when you reattach.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 AM

1a.) The threads on the radiator are ok, its the hose fittings on the transmission cooler lines that were badly rusted. I'll have to find some new ones.
I hope they aren't too hard to replace.

2.) I could have swore that there were some bolt rubber compressor or nut under the ac condenser unit, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks MK378.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM

If anyone knows where to get the new hoses that run from the radiator to the automatic transmission cooler lines that would be helpful. I have been doing some searches and coming up empty.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 AM

The little rubber hoses that are like 1 ft in length going from the radiator to the hard lines? You should be able to use any high pressure line. Maybe something like fuel line. You can get like 5 ft for ~$10 at a local parts store.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:13 PM

would it be the same as a transmission oil line?

So you are saying that the lines are just high pressure lines with the fittings affixed to the ends?

My problem remains that I don't know what fittings I would need for the ends of the line (the part that threads into the radiator)

Damn why am I so confused? I thought that I could just find a replacement on the internet and order em up.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Take a picture and show us exactly what you are talking about. My brother has an AT and are 2 hard lines coming from the trans. Both stop halfway down the transmission, connect to a rubber hose with little clamps, and then connect to the radiator with the same sort of clamps. Should be easy to pull those lines off.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:19 AM

I need to find the line size and the fitting size for the transmission cooling lines. They are hard lines. Are they double flared or bubble flared? Are these lines aluminum?

I don't have the car where I can measure or snap photos, it's over at my ladys moms house, I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this and get all the parts I need before heading back, It's hard to get there without a car.

Last edited by dirty; 11-08-2011 at 11:01 AM.