General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

'95 Civic with failing aftermarket power window kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Default '95 Civic with failing aftermarket power window kits

Hello,
I just recently bought a 95 civic from a family friend (288k on the body, 100-something-k on the engine). Car appears to run great but there a few interior issues that are bothering me.
First off, someone replaced the hand window cranks with aftermarket power window kits. Problem with this kit is the window motors are struggling and the past owner said during the winter they dont roll up at all so be careful at the drive-thrus. The power window kit they used is the type that clamps to the manual window crank splines and uses a cable mechanism to and from the motor.

Im considering just going back to the old hand crank style for simplicity and cost but recently stubled across a kit from Electric Life. These kits replace the whole track and everything, eliminating the need for the old window splines to be sticking out of the door panel.

Has anyone had experience installing these and are they reliable? I dont mind going with the power window setup since the wiring is already there but I want it to work.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 PM

I honourable fresh bought a '95 subject from a stock quaker (288k on the embody, 100-something-k on the engine). Car appears to run majuscule but there a few domestic issues that are bothering me.
Prototypic off, someone replaced the accumulation window cranks with aftermarket powerfulness pane kits. Difficulty with this kit is the pane motors are struggling and the prehistoric owner said during the season they don't rove up at all so be deliberate at the drive-thru's. The cognition window kit they utilised is the write that clamps to the practice pane unstable splines and uses a telegram performance to and from the causative.

Rolls Royce Power Steering Gear Box