General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

95 Civic Jalopy Project *5-29 PICS ADDED

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Default 95 Civic Jalopy Project *5-29 PICS ADDED

I just aquired a jalopy of a 95 civic from my roomate. problems...my last car was a Saturn. I know nothing about the "street racing scene" but i'm down for a nicley tuned car...tastefully done.

civics got 120,000miles on it, previous owner removed AC(not sure i'll pass smog without that?) and get this....spray painted the interior...no, not just the vinyl...the whole dash, buttons and all...the roof, the walls, the floor...and its a dull paint, like primer(white) with blue accents...its a mess. But I need a new project.

Its got a short ram intake on it already, yes..it is an automatic, but i took it for a spin this morning and its got a little pep. Going to take the 4inch MagnoFlow muff i got on my saturn and have a buddy of mine weld it up (is there a science behind the TRD style? does that angle do anything....i want exhaust straight yes?).
The body kit on the car is destroyed. Any one know of an afordable shop that does kits? i know civic performance/styling is going to be allot easier and cheaper than it was for my 2000 Saturn SL2(but she died..aparently you shouldnt be driving the family/grandma plastic saturn like a race car..but hey, i tried, i failed.
money is tight, and i just broke up with my girl so i got allot of free time..the car runs, but is just an embaresment to drive(having to say..no, i didnt spraypaint..i know....). Going to grab some paint thinner or remover today and see what i can salvage. you would laugh your asses off...who spray paints a steering wheel???
Slapped the Tenzo 17's from my saturn onto the civic today...i think i might have to raise the the front suspension a tad...there was some rubbing noises on turns. maybe its on the wall..i dunno, Easy? i know people have put 17's on civics, so i dunno.

got 120,000 miles on it...any iidea how many till its time to change out trasmission...yadyada? i've got me a lemon, and got myself into a pickle

Name:  dash91.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  civic02side.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  11.0 KB

Name:  civic01side.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  driverside-front.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  passengerside-front.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.3 KB

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...especially someone willing to sell me all of their interior trim.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 95 Civic Jalopy Project

WOW that thing has been messed up

i hope ya didnt pay more than 500bucks for it!
be prepaired to GUT THAT THING FULLY!!!! i believe thats the only civic ive seen that would definatly be a improvement if they guted the car and claimed it was for weight reduction. LMFAO

id say go check out some junk yards and ask em how much for a complete interior from a decent civic..... cause no ammount of thinner will make that look good.... your only way to recover that dash is to either cover it or do alot of working sanding and smooth and having a GOOD paint job done to it....

ive seen some tweed covered dashes that didnt look to bad at all..... just dont do some crapy colors.

i wish you luck!

but fromthe look of it that cars been abused ALOT!
but i would change EVERY FLUID in that car!!! brake,tranny,engine oil, power steering, radiator....everything....
if someone is that stupid to spray paint the dash... well i seriously DOUBT they have done any proper maintance work!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

That frontfender looks like it's going to be some work for ya, but the cars got pottential . Ya I would try to find a civic dash from a junkyard with steering wheel, coloring over it might work but chances are will flake because of the paint underneath it, and the steering wheel would prob be impossible to restore.

Sanding it down you'll prob go through the original paint in places and would look a lil shotty, I think it would just be a waste of time and a lot of work trying to restore the dash. I would just buy a dash at a junkyard paint over the door panels or get new inner panels aswell and get some seat covers for the seats. whichever direction u go good luck!!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:53 PM

yah, i think i found a dash from someone. I'll be heading down to pick a part with my toolbox and wallet soon. The whole interior is going to be redone. I'm not sure how much i'm paying for it yet...she want 1000, but thats ridiculous. I'm going to show her a list of things i need to do, and money that i need to spend and tell her 1k is outragous.

Thanks for your help, and yes...its going in for a full tune-up. FULL

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well for 1K bucks.... id keep looken.LOL

she is definatly crazy for wanting that much.... tho with the rims IF they arent bent and tires arent to worn it may be decent price but id say 800 TOPS....
or 500bucks with the steelie stock wheels

and that steering wheel looks blown.....

Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 AM
HCF Member

tore up from the floor up. WOW. Hope u have some time on ur hands . Should be great when its finished...if it ever will. Did u buy that thing?

Old 05-26-2007, 06:57 PM

Well, if the engine runs good, it's worth $500 to $700 bucks. Drivetrain alright, drivable, and it's a Honda; Could be worth the $1,000, but, bring seven, eight hundred and work her with cash.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:19 PM

well, i live with her, and she's letting me make payments...so i can't complain.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Still though, I got my manual 1993 EX coupe 5 years ago for $2000 and it was in stock mint condition. I didn't have to do ANY work to fix some douche bags mistakes. After seeing the pictures of all of the things needed to be done I wouldn't give more than 600 dollars. Please don't give her near 1000 dollars. That's an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay for a $h1t box. Have fun fixing it. Oh, I have 2 door panels for 92-95 civic with power windows and locks. I'll pm you a link to the thread.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

so how much are you paying her for it total?

Quick Reply: 95 Civic Jalopy Project *5-29 PICS ADDED